This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - KK on A board

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $4.50
      CO:
      $28.02
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB (Hero):
      $16.98
      BB:
      $9.35
      MP2:
      $9.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.1) 6, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.1) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU calls $1.30.

River: ($4.7) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.68, BU raises to $4.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.38.

I have given up on cbetting Axx boards OOP vs unknowns in 3bet pots @ NL10 rush cause they always flat their crappy ace rags.

I guess I should've c/c the T as they would be checking back the weak Ax on the flop in a 3bet pot.

And then c/c or c/f river?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, I rather like you betting the turn, check/calling won't save you from giving money to Ax, if anything you might even get away with it cheaper, while getting some value from potential worse hands.

I usually check the river tho, it's harder for non Ax hands to call and like you said he has a bunch of those himself. We like to think we can check/call bluff-catch the river and sometimes we can, be you'll see that the majority of the time when people do bet they just have Ax.

Hope it helps.