This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 50NL sss 5 limpers, on bb

• Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      Green Joker Poker Greeneye (Beginner) 0.25/0.50, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button TearsOfSun ($9.25)
      SB Firiane ($11.25)
      BB 1Mash ($10)
      UTG raizer02 ($7.40)
      UTG+1 chilledace ($21.80)
      MP isti85 ($59.47)
      MP smeigle ($25.65)
      MP Widukin3 ($26.90)
      CO-1 Don4tello ($43.90)
      CO Porta007 ($42.15)

Preflop: 1Mash is in the BB with 9:heart: T:club:
      raizer02 calls 0.50, chilledace calls 0.50, isti85 calls 0.50, 1 fold, Widukin3 calls 0.50, Don4tello calls 0.50, 3 folds, 1Mash checks.

Flop (3.25) J:diamond: 8:spade: 8:club:
      1Mash bets 2.50, raizer02 calls 2.50, 4 folds.

Turn (8.25) 9:spade:
      1Mash moves all-in for 7, raizer02 moves all-in for 4.40.

River (19.65) 4:club:

1Mash shows 9:heart: T:club:
      raizer02 shows Q:spade: Q:heart:

raizer02 wins 19.65 with Two pair, Queen's and Eight's with a Jack for a kicker

was this ok?
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would play check/call in case I get good odds. I am kinda confused about the board, on one hand its rainbow, on other its paired... the last is definately not good. I guess I might play it agressivle on the board like J 8 4 different suits against 3 opponents, but im not sure.

updated: I thought about it again and I guess i would check/fold it even against 3 opp. Obviously, with such a hand we are willing to get good pot odds, so what`s the point of forcing opponents to fold.
      So i think the only spot where I would play it agressively on the flop is against completed small blind who has checked to me.

On the turn I think check/fold is a good option. Ill explain why...
      1) You are not that much pot commited, since you invested a bit less then 1/3 of your stack

2) your pot odds are approx. 1:3 and if I didn`t miss anything you have 8 outs if you put him on trips and 10 outs if yo put him on top pair. So in best case scenario our odds are 1:3.6 that is lower than our pot odds thus should be trashed.

3) The guy is shortstack. Even if he doesn`t knows about SSS it doesn`t seem logicall to call 2.50 flop bet with nothing. I guess it indicates the made hand.

I suggest you next time not to post results of the hand
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      against 5 people I don't bet on flop, if it was 1 or 2 I would bet out, but definetly not against 5. How would you have continued with the hand if someone raised you on flop? Check/call (if you get the odds to call) is better line for the flop. Turn is a check/call or check/fold aswell if you didn't hit your straight.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      OOP against 5 Opponents, I would play check/Raise All-In. But thats depending on the Action. If one bets and another raises, their is a good chance of trips here and you could consider to fold your Draw here.

Like played you have to go All-In on the Flop, even when you´re nearly every time behind.