This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - AA 5bet sizing

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $25.96
      MP2:
      $10.23
      MP3:
      $10.35
      CO:
      $5.72
      BU:
      $30.34
      SB:
      $10.57

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, MP3 raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $7.60, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.95.

Seems to be a pretty reasonable and okayish player for NL10 - maybe even a little passive, remember one hand where he just called me down w/ 2nd pair + OE straight flush draw.

Should I 5bet to smth like $6, maybe not to induce a shove from such a player, but perhaps more likely a flat and then stack off on any flop?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      every 5-bet size that you make looks strong to him, so I´d just shove
      If he is 4-betting for value, he´d call, if he is bluffing, he´d fold
      AA has there more equity than 66%, but also taking down 60bb pot pf without showdown is also very reasonable, so you don´t have to call pf to extract more value postflop
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      every 5-bet size that you make looks strong to him, so I´d just shove
      I've been doing that lately hoping to make it look like I have AK when I just shove it all in instead of "extracting more".

Because at NL10 I've noticed, when people just shove, they always have either QQ or AK, they (almost) never shove KK/AA, trying to lure you in ...