$50.00
      BU:
      $60.55
      SB (Hero):
      $60.95
      BB:
      $20.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO folds, BU calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6.00, BB folds, MP3 calls $4.50, BU calls $4.50.

Flop: ($18.5) 3, 2, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $8.50, MP3 folds, BU calls $8.50.

Turn: ($35.5) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50.

River: ($50.5) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $25.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $50.5.

Hi!

Villain is 19/8 after 60 hands.

First of all I really dunno why my betsizing on flop is so small, probably some freak misclick, didn`t see it untill review.
      What do you think of this play in general pf to river?
      AJ is hard to play oop, specially vs two opponents but most of the time I have enormous FE there. I hit flop, villian snapcalls. Now if I bet turn and he calls I have uncomfortable decision on river. So I decided to ch/b which is horrible, cuz I let go of the initiative and face the same shit decision on river.
      Is it better to just bet bet push? Do we find enough of fd combos that pair on turn in 19/8 (samplesize is shit).

Thanks for your help!
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze

First of all I really dunno why my betsizing on flop is so small, probably some freak misclick, didn`t see it untill review.
      What do you think of this play in general pf to river?
      -> I don't like the sqz oop with AJs and a bit deep, because it's hard to play even if you hit, as seen.

Is it better to just bet bet push?
      -> Normally yes, but against that particular tight opponent I'm not quite sure, because he can easily show up with AQ, AK in that spot, too.

Other possibility is to c/r(push) turn to charge FDs and combo-draws like 64s.

As played: You have to call river, too. Because FD from flop busts.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      19/8 isn´t really opening 46s and then playing his hand that way
      With AQ I´d call him down. i think you can fold AJs, but then why would you 3-bet that hand on the first place against tight opener who would call 3-bets mostly with AQ/AK. So if I´d 3-bet that hand I might consider c7c river cosnider that flushdraws missed and his hand looks a lot like draw on the turn if he bets that small, but better not to put that situation at the first place and call pf and maybe lead on Axx, Jxx boards and if get called then consider c/c once on the turn and then c/f river or leading turn again and then c/f river depends how the board runs out.
      Either way you don´t have to play big pot oop against very strong range with marginal hand