$5.00
      BB:
      $7.79
      MP2:
      $5.89
      MP3:
      $3.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) T, 2, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.32) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.32) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $6.14, Hero calls $1.92.

Final Pot: $12.88.
      Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, jacks(J J).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

BB wins with three of a kind, jacks(J J).
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I'd call his raise on flop. Board is damn dry and you don't have to protect anything, so either you are behind of sets (he is going to stack off anyway) or you are ahead of any other hands he may fold to 3bet and you miss him giving a chance to bluff (or vbet in his thoughts) bet turn. So no need to force him fold random trash when you can keep it in.

Good luck!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can 3-bet flop and play for stacks, but then you force out all his bluffs so I think b/c flop and then calling down is also fine play
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      why do you check the turn then bet the river ? whats the purpose ?
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Given the way it was played when you 3bet flop he may just c/r turn just like he did on the flop and that would pretty much suck if we are not sure now bluffy he is and usually he is not raising Tx if you bet so enthusiastically, so we are left in a bad spot. If he folds turn against your bet that means on the flop he was joking with us, so again we didn't achieve anything but fold his bluffs. By checking turn we allow him to bluff river and get value from his air (and worse hands) instead of betting and getting raised by sets/two pairs. That's why calling flop raise seems like better line - he may keep betting turn or/and river with his non-top hands.

Good luck!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think turn check is not terrible but I´d generally would also b/c turn given out stack size. Don´t realy have to worry too much about getting c/r when we only have potsize left
    • musabasjoo
      musabasjoo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback - agree with it totally....

I checked turn here purely to avoid another potential bluff chk raise from villain. He'd been playing pretty loose aggro by this point, around 50/40/8.5 over a couple of hundred hands.

I think he can bluff chk raise with a huge range on the flop so i'm not folding but i definately agree a call is better here. When he calls my 3bet i put him on a range of pockets from 77 to JJ and some tens like A10, K10 maybe even Q10 and J10. I think after my 3 bet he's shoving his sets here a lot of the time.

When the J hits the turn i'm not comfortable as some of his range just got there like JJ and J 10 but it could also be a scare card for him if hes sitting with a middle pocket pair like TT. I think by checking back, i keep his weaker holdings in whilst not allowing him to blow me off the hand with another raise.

On the river when he checks i feel im ahead as the way he had been playing i didnt feel he was capable of checking 2 streets with a better hand. When he raises me i'm already pot committed and call pretty much knowing hes got me crushed :f_mad: