UTG+1 ($163)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($53.25)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) 7:diamond: 6:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

TURN ($3.25) 7:diamond: 6:club: 5:club: J:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2, Hero raises to $7, UTG+1 raises to $19.50, Hero calls $12.50

RIVER ($42.25) 7:diamond: 6:club: 5:club: J:diamond: K:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $34, Hero calls $29 (AI)

villain 21/16/2, wts 46, 324 hs, fv3b 25 (4), cb 81%
      I have villain identified as potential fps player. Seems aggressive. Specific reads: "3b TT from BB, cb K65rAT, barrel Ace on turn, check call set on river T".

I dont like my call oop vs normal player, problem with 3b is villain not folding often to 3b and dont want to play big pot oop w marginal hand.

I assume villain check behind with similar hands to me since he knows he cant get called by worse. Is our check/r on turn reasonable? When villain 4b I dont think he can rep much since he bets sets on this drawy flop and overpairs too.

So on that basis is call turn+call river a decent plan? If we shove turn we get no more value from bluffs and iso vs strong hands only.

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

to me it's a clear donk on turn after his check behind flop.
      If then getting raised then you can either fold or shove.

Because if you call a 3-bet oop on turn, your hand is face up and villain can play perfectly against you.

As played: Check-raise on turn is good, but please fold to the 3-bet. He has you crushed nearly always and just checks folp behind to trap you.
      On river you beat only bluffs especially on that card.

What did he have? I guess flopped set or straight which he played creatively. Because you don't have a FD always.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      What did he have?

AQo (air).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      What did he have?

AQo (air).
      lol
      I think call pf is fine. c/turn can be fine, but also i think lead is fine and since he would not really check behind anything that beat your AJ, maybe only 89cc, but consider how many worse hands you can have, he should most of the times betting that I think your stackoff is fine.
      Only problem that there are like million draws and if he is 3-betting one of them I think better is just shove than call his 3-bet on the turn and then c/c any river