[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH Rush: AA on KQQ flop

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hi everybody, I'm not a new member in PS, but it's my first post :)

Here's the problem situation:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($9.93)
      BB ($28.29)
      UTG ($2.11)
      MP ($4.06)
      CO ($8.33)
      Button ($3.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      2 folds, CO bets $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.65, 1 fold, CO calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35) K, Q, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.35, CO raises to $7.68 (All-In), Hero ???
  • 5 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I wouldn't cbet so big, 0.90$ seems enough here.
      As played I'd fold when he shoves. You made pot bet and he shoved deep stacks in ya face, so I think we are against Qx/KK/KQ most of the time and it's Rush - so can give any reasonable explanation why exactly he shoved it right in.

Board: Kh Qc Qs
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 31.917% 31.50% 00.42% 6237 82.50 { AhAs }
      Hand 1: 68.083% 67.67% 00.42% 13398 82.50 { KK-QQ, AQs+, KQs, AQo+, KQo }

To call it we need like approx. 38% equity if I'm correct and I just can't include bluffs in his range to make this profitable.

Good luck!
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hmm it's interesting because you almost certainly include Q in his range. My decision was to call because I couldn't see him playing Q that way, so I immediately put him on KX (AK probably), TT-JJ range. Otherwise, if thinking deeper - he could even value push his QX hand here, expecting me to actually put him on a weak range (KX,TT-JJ), and make me to call with AK/AA. That would be a really clever move, and I think if I'd been played this hand on at least NL25 I'd probably fold here. But in NL5 it's hard to put your opponent on some deeper thoughts.

However, the opponent really didn't seem that clever ant showed KTo :)

Thanks for the answer :)
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Such a shove is strange indeed and NL5 is fishy indeed, but I included Qx in his shoving range because you cbet big and that may invite him to shove just "because you seem like interested in hand" and he doesn't really know how to handle it later. He has biggish stack so I somehow thought he won't make a move that basically folds out all worse hands, but well - I just overrated it.

But as we all know - poker at some point is a game of guts, so if you think he if full of shit - you can't fold. Ofc good for us those players are dumb enough to make moves like this and you are true - don't level yourself by thinking too deep.

Professional judge will still take a look at this thread, so you may hear somehow different opinion.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Somewhat ugly but I don't really see a reason for a reg to shove on the flop, so I'd assume he's a fish. Even the fish will slowplay sometimes, and while there certainly are some fish out there that instantly shove the nuts once they get it, it's still the exception more than the norm in my opinion, I'd expect a call or a minraise with trips+.

Usually I make up my mind pretty fast, mostly because I can never totally discount him having Kx, and the chance that he's like 2-outing against our hand is too great to pass up when in doubt. So I'm not loving it, but I'm not folding. Sometimes he'll even show you 33 and you'll be like "what the fuck...".

Hope it helps.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, it's really ugly situation. It reminds me a bit of that paradoxal question: If I'm a liar, and I say "I lie", do I lie? :)

By the way, I recently had 2 very similar hands, played exactly the same, but oh well.. fishy showed trips both times. It was KK on 766 flop (villain - 96o), and AA on 844 flop (villain - 54s). So I guess I can't just reject those "woohoo trips - ship it!" and value shoving moves.

Thanks for the tips guys, that was a lot of help! :)