This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - 66 - 70bb eff - difficult turn plus River

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($78.70)
      BB ($154)
      Hero ($106)
      UTG+1 ($53.65)
      CO ($35.45)
      BTN ($81.30)

Dealt to Hero 6:heart: 6:spade:

Hero raises to $1.50, fold, CO calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 5:club: Q:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

TURN ($7.75) 5:club: Q:spade: 7:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $9, Hero calls $5.50

RIVER ($25.75) 5:club: Q:spade: 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club:

Hero??

villain unknown; 12/04/2, 17 hands
      villain turn raise looks like either: 1. air; 2. AQ/KQ ( maybe overplaying); 3. Set; 4. 68 that hit a straight (I think it's unlikely given villains tight looking stats and the fact that we have 2 6s already).

I'm not sure how best to play against the above range. We have about 50% equity against the following range: { AQ, 55,77, KQs, JTo, A5s, Ad9d} which includes some value hands, some draws and some air.

If villain's range is more polarised (air+AQ/sets), we have about 21 % against the value part of the range. since we only need 21% for breakeven call, calling villains turn raise looks fine.

River is most difficult. We hit our straight for the nuts ( excepting 68) but I don't know whether we are better off checking to induce from bluffs/AQ or value betting ourselves. If we bet, say, 1/2pot I think we get called by AQ but all the bluffs fold.
      when we check, we miss value only if AQ/KQ checks behind.

thoughts?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

villain is strong here.
      => pot river (villain has 23$ behind). You get called by sets and AQ very likely.

What did you do and what did villain have, if seen?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also think river shove is fine
      He doesn´t really have there too many times AQ and AQ would check back that river close to 100% and he would likely call your river shove with two pair or set that he might also check behind. SO putting money in yourself is fine, only reason to c/rai is if you think villain is bluffing turn and would also fire river