[NL2-NL10] Continuation bet - stats

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I recently found my conti bet stats

Continuation Bet = 85.6 [304/355]

and I am wondering 85% ist`t it too much? It`s easy readable for sure. Seems like it won`t work on higher limits, since a lot of players uses PT there. So I guess I have to start conti betting only on appropriate flops.

maybe somebody who has a solid SSS sample can share his conti bet stats, just to see what`s going on)
  • 5 replies
    • Sreteb
      Sreteb
      Bronze
      Where did you find that stat in PT?

I'm not sure what PT sees as a CB. If it's everytime you bet flop after you bet preflop, regardless of cards. Then it looks about right.
      If you get a playable hand, you CB most of the time. So it should be high number.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It is important to realize that your contibets are a mixture of value-bets and bluffs. Providing you play tightly according to the SSS and also don't reveal your hand strength via bet-sizing then your opponents are likely to make mistakes against you. The first mistake that your opponents usually make is entering the pot PF. Your hand range is so strong that your opponents can only "keep you honest" by paying-off all your made hands as well. If you open too many unpaired hands then this may not be true.

If you are opening a fair few hands in co/bu then against better opponents you may need to slow-down with your conti-betting since your hand-range is weaker and some opponents may begin bluff/semi-bluff raising. Seeing four cards can be handy too. You should also check-behind with some made-hands besides the missed-hands. It should be obvious which hands you should always contibet.

You might find this post of interest Party NL10
    • Sreteb
      Sreteb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      You should also check-behind with some made-hands besides the missed-hands. It should be obvious which hands you should always contibet.
      I assume your talking about 10nl on party, which is were I play too. I'm not so sure about this. 90% of the opps are lvl 1 thinkers (what cards do I have), checking made hands is only an advantage if your against thinking players. Which most microstakes players aren't. Checking made hands only gives them an opportunity to draw out on you.
      Isn't that the reason why you should play abc poker on the mircos?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sreteb
      Originally posted by Nunki
      You should also check-behind with some made-hands besides the missed-hands. It should be obvious which hands you should always contibet.
      I assume your talking about 10nl on party, which is were I play too. I'm not so sure about this. 90% of the opps are lvl 1 thinkers (what cards do I have), checking made hands is only an advantage if your against thinking players. Which most microstakes players aren't. Checking made hands only gives them an opportunity to draw out on you.
      Isn't that the reason why you should play abc poker on the mircos?
      You are absolutely right in what you say Sreteb with regards to NL10 at Party. The more general case to which I was referring isf when you might want to open up your game a bit versus better players.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      85% isn´t to much, don´t worry. As a Short Stack, you generate a lot of fold equity, even when you bet with A-High on the flop. ;)