This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL FR QQ vs. unknown

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Same table, same maniac as in previous thread. He did not bet on flop, so I figured that he is bluffing, so I called. Then I got scared and decided to leave as it is in case I am wrong. The board was very scary after all :P

I don't think I am going to like what you will say, but still... please evaluate :P

$0.15/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      Everest Poker
      10 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($26.95)
      UTG+1 ($34.95)
      UTG+2 ($31.90)
      MP1 ($7.95)
      MP2 ($25.40)
      MP3 ($12.65)
      Hero ($53.60)
      BTN ($7.10)
      SB ($17.94)
      BB ($8.60)

Pre-Flop: ($0.40, 10 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.90, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3.10, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $2.20

Flop: K:spade: 7:club: 6:spade: ($6.60, 2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

Turn: 2:spade: ($6.60, 2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $6.60, Hero calls $6.60

River: K:diamond: ($19.80, 2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks
  • 4 replies
    • aelfewulf
      aelfewulf
      Bronze
      seems like a turn bluffbet by villain when u checked behind flop, but this is only apparent when he checked the river.
      With no knowledge of the river, why did u call the turn psb? u are behind K pair and flush.
      I would bet flop to maintain initiative and balance my line, because I'm nearly always cbetting A-hi K-hi boards.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

preflop: Fine.
      flop: Check behind is fine, because you have showdown value, can control the pot, induce some bluffs AND you don't want to be check/raised.
      turn: Snapcall with your reads about villain.
      river: Snapcall if he bets no matter which amout to this blank.
      If he checks, then he has air quite often. Maybe could can make a thin value bet like 7-8$ against 88-JJ. But keep in mind, that you then have to fold to a shove.
      => nh!

What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      What is "snapcall" ?

That's the thing - at the moment of his bet on turn I was almost sure that he has nothing, because he would have shown some aggression even with A7 or A6. But after that I lost my confidence and started to have doubts, so I decided to check/call to keep pot lower in case of a disaster/trap. I was begging for him not to push AI on river, because I would probably call, just to watch him taking my money with KK...

He had AhTh...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SilverSag
      What is "snapcall" ?

That's the thing - at the moment of his bet on turn I was almost sure that he has nothing, because he would have shown some aggression even with A7 or A6. But after that I lost my confidence and started to have doubts, so I decided to check/call to keep pot lower in case of a disaster/trap. I was begging for him not to push AI on river, because I would probably call, just to watch him taking my money with KK...

He had AhTh...
      snapcall is insta call without really thinking too much
      I would played flop and turn the same way, but would bet river 5$ and would call his shove. Mostly he doesn´t have anything and that small bet induces bluffraises from time to time, so you really have to b/c river if you bet