[NL20-NL50] NL FR QQ vs. unknown

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Same table, same maniac as in previous thread. He did not bet on flop, so I figured that he is bluffing, so I called. Then I got scared and decided to leave as it is in case I am wrong. The board was very scary after all :P

I don't think I am going to like what you will say, but still... please evaluate :P

$0.15/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      Everest Poker
      10 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($26.95)
      UTG+1 ($34.95)
      UTG+2 ($31.90)
      MP1 ($7.95)
      MP2 ($25.40)
      MP3 ($12.65)
      Hero ($53.60)
      BTN ($7.10)
      SB ($17.94)
      BB ($8.60)

Pre-Flop: ($0.40, 10 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.90, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3.10, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $2.20

Flop: K:spade: 7:club: 6:spade: ($6.60, 2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

Turn: 2:spade: ($6.60, 2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $6.60, Hero calls $6.60

River: K:diamond: ($19.80, 2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks
  • 4 replies
    • aelfewulf
      aelfewulf
      Bronze
      seems like a turn bluffbet by villain when u checked behind flop, but this is only apparent when he checked the river.
      With no knowledge of the river, why did u call the turn psb? u are behind K pair and flush.
      I would bet flop to maintain initiative and balance my line, because I'm nearly always cbetting A-hi K-hi boards.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

preflop: Fine.
      flop: Check behind is fine, because you have showdown value, can control the pot, induce some bluffs AND you don't want to be check/raised.
      turn: Snapcall with your reads about villain.
      river: Snapcall if he bets no matter which amout to this blank.
      If he checks, then he has air quite often. Maybe could can make a thin value bet like 7-8$ against 88-JJ. But keep in mind, that you then have to fold to a shove.
      => nh!

What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      What is "snapcall" ?

That's the thing - at the moment of his bet on turn I was almost sure that he has nothing, because he would have shown some aggression even with A7 or A6. But after that I lost my confidence and started to have doubts, so I decided to check/call to keep pot lower in case of a disaster/trap. I was begging for him not to push AI on river, because I would probably call, just to watch him taking my money with KK...

He had AhTh...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SilverSag
      What is "snapcall" ?

That's the thing - at the moment of his bet on turn I was almost sure that he has nothing, because he would have shown some aggression even with A7 or A6. But after that I lost my confidence and started to have doubts, so I decided to check/call to keep pot lower in case of a disaster/trap. I was begging for him not to push AI on river, because I would probably call, just to watch him taking my money with KK...

He had AhTh...
      snapcall is insta call without really thinking too much
      I would played flop and turn the same way, but would bet river 5$ and would call his shove. Mostly he doesn´t have anything and that small bet induces bluffraises from time to time, so you really have to b/c river if you bet