This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - AJo Squeeze OOP

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $3.11
      SB (Hero):
      $11.54
      BB:
      $23.79
      MP2:
      $10.36
      MP3:
      $11.74

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.59, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.24, CO folds.

Flop: ($3.63) 6, A, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20.

Turn: ($8.03) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $7.95(All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.03.

Opening Villain - 15/9/Fv3bet: 50%/FvFCbet: 100%/FCbet: 50%/inf AF/20%AFq

AK always? Anyway should be a pretty safe fold, question is, can I c/f this on such a flop?

I guess the flop actually doesn't matter that much as AQ/AK had me crushed anyways and doubt that he's callin/betting with a worse Ax than mine there
  • 3 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I think I like c/f here, OOP and not being able to call another bet makes it pretty tough to play the rest of the hand profitably.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      don´t really understand why you 3-bet Aj against 15/9 player.
      You´re turning your hand into bluff, can´t really valuebet most Ax boards can´t go to showdowns
      I think pf call can be reasonable and then leading quite a lot of baords or just fold.
      As played: there are two flushdraws so I´d likely call him down, since I can´t find any other way turn AJ into profitable once I 3-bet him pf
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      don´t really understand why you 3-bet Aj against 15/9 player.
      You´re turning your hand into bluff, can´t really valuebet most Ax boards can´t go to showdowns
      I think pf call can be reasonable and then leading quite a lot of baords or just fold.
      As played: there are two flushdraws so I´d likely call him down, since I can´t find any other way turn AJ into profitable once I 3-bet him pf
      I was turning it into a bluff basically - I didn't want to play it OOP vs 2 opps, most of the time I'm dominated there, so maybe he decides that he doesn't want to be in a sandwich w/ an unmade hand like AQ/AK (if he has AK then it's wishful thinking :f_biggrin: but I could make him lay down AQ/JJ etc) so decided to squeeze and that's what I was wondering ... whether I should c/f right on the flop, or c/c and hope he closed his eyes and cbet w/ QQ or smth and would check it down maybe after I c/c him there ... now that he shoves turn I can fold in peace