SB: $11.82
      BB: $12.59
      UTG: $6.74
      Hero (UTG+1): $12.77
      MP1: $3.04
      MP2: $5.53
      CO: $5.63

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+1 with A :club: A :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.00) 6 :heart: 2 :club: 8 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO folds, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.40) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.60, SB calls $1.60

River: ($5.60) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB raises to $9.22, Hero ????????

This seems like a very unorthodox line to me and I have no real idea what he can have. JJ or other PP for a Set, Two-pair, other Overpair? His line doesn't make sense to me as I get the feeling most people at this limit (well, maybe NL25 actually) would consider this river-bet very thin even with the nut over-pair and thus be reluctant to make it.
  • 3 replies
    • YourDoom
      It looks like standart set-line to me (he can either check-raise turn or river)
    • DaPhunk
      Originally posted by YourDoom
      It looks like standart set-line to me (he can either check-raise turn or river)
      C/C C/C C/R is now a standard set line? I'm used to people playing C/C, C/R with set.
    • MaestroOfZerg

They do both, with sets and with two pairs hands. Usually they just decide on the turn given how big/fast you bet whether it's likely you'll actually bet the river again. If yes, they'll check/jam the river, if not, they'll just raise the turn. Obviously some of them don't even care about that and just stick to whichever line makes them feel better when they succeed. So yes, it's not that likely he 1/ doesn't check/raise the flop 2/ doesn't check/raise the turn 3/ doesn't donk out on the river if he has a set somehow.

But... Putting people on better hands is only one side of the coin, it means nothing without being compared to the range of worse hands you can put them on. Even if he's only ever check/shoving 1 combo of monster hands there, if he's bluffing with 0 combos it's still a fold. Here he can possibly have some busted club/97 and that's about it, I don't give people credit for turning made hands into bluffs when in doubt so I won't assign him any 8x in that spot.

If he's a reg, he's virtually never check/shoving a bluff there even if he can technically have them on the river, it's just too big a commitment for full ring regs unless he's just tilting this one time. If he's a fish, it's possible, but fish will donk bluff the river with busted draws more often than they'll check/jam them.

So overall even if he somewhat rarely has a monster, he also very rarely shows up with a bluff. I'd just fold. You can also call it off this time in order to allow you to fold confidently the next time around :p

Hope it helps.