It's not rigged

• Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      You've heard it over and over again.You probably said it yourself at least once. "This is rigged".Well,i can say for sure (meh,maybe 98% sure :D ) that it's not.You see from time to time,that you get aces for example.You raise,get called and by the river there are 4 hearts on board and you dont have one of them.If you are not disciplined,even if you KNOW you are beat,you will call a shove,your heart isnt ready to fold aces,even tho your mind screams to do so.I KNOW,trust me,ive been there.In tournaments,you flop trips,you get quaded on the turn+river.It's not rigged.It's statistic probability.
      Any live player can tell you,it happens in real life too.And that is not rigged,because no one cares if you win or not,they just want the rake.The thing is that in online poker things happen 100x maybe 1000x times more in quantity.Example: Hypothetical situation (altough it happened,see WSOP :D ) you get quads and you get beaten by royal flush made on the river,by LETS SAY a uber donk.that happens in 1.7 billion hands.thats alot of years of poker in real life.in online,not that much.so it will happen much more often (at least in theory).you can apply the same theory on every suckout and every bad beat you get.You will get runner-runner-ed.You just dont get it that often in real life,so thats what creates the illusion of being rigged because if a suckout happens in real life in SAY 100 hands (hypothetical) well,in live poker,thats about 1-3 hours of play depending on action.You play online 100 hands in 5 minutes.Thats what is giving the IMPRESSION of being rigged,because it happens over and over again in a short period of time.And if they suckout more often than the often,then you are running bad,it happens in live too (see Patrik,durrrr,Hansen).The best example of unlucky player in live poker,at least cash,is Daniel Negreanu.And it does get to him sometimes.But he says meh and stays consistent.Im not saying he cant go on tilt,everyone does (except for mr.Ivey,which i doubt that he is entirely HUMAN :s_evil: :D )
      Think about it.Thats how i see it.Sorry for the epic novel i wrote here.Hoped it cleared SOMETHING,ANYTHING or just made you say "Hmmmm...".
      Many thanks for reading.
  • 8 replies
    • sharpy72
      sharpy72
      Bronze
      i do believe that the online poker clients are not rigged in favour of any one player but i am totally convinced that there is something afoot with them constantly your seeing people hitting straights on the flop a hand you are going to bet before you know it its flushed away today i loose 3 out of 3 with aa i flop an ace high straight not even 2 suited cards on the flop so i bet 3 quarters of the pot get called by some one holding j6 suited so he has a pair of js and has to hit running diamonds to win the hand yep he hits the diamonds alright so many times you have two or three people holding high pps they are going to raise pre flop more often than not so im suggesting that the clients are not random they dish out these cards to provoke bets thus generating rake its happening to often at to many sites for something to be randomly happening constantly then how can it possibilly be random lets be honest you ask 100 online players whether they see this happening 80 percent will agree and the other 20 percent are those that are not paying full attention to the game i wont be making any more deposits online im freerollin from now on
    • sharkfin9000
      sharkfin9000
      Bronze
      yeah i kinda notice that too, man i was playing micro limits, but every flop that came could have a flush draw every time, and a lot of times i lose it because of people with a flush they connect on the river, or lose to a higher flush. I get them myself but.... i dunno, it looks funny to me.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I'll tell you what is rigged: Bejewled Blitz. It is such bullshit, every daily spin gets me 1000-2500 coin now but when I first started I got a few big scores.

Also every now and then you get those "moonstones" come up, well I saved coin for AGES so I always had enough for one and one NEVER came up, then when I spent all my coin they come up ALL THE TIME. It's just ridiculous

Bejewled Blitz is definitely rigged. Online poker: Not rigged
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i don't think online poker is all rigged but i think your concept of online poker been rigged is wrong people don't say that online poker is rigged because they lose with aces or kings, its that some people say that the software is created to make more people commit money to the pot so the poker room egts more rake ( for example) one person i might a flush draws one person a straight flush another a trips and another top pair people say thats rigged or when every time you have a short stack in a mtt you pick up AK in the BB only to be called by AA people say the software is rigged for shortstacks to lose to make the mtt finish quicker,

obviously aces are going to be cracked by running hearts etc thats just poker if the best pre flop hand one every time it would definitley just be about luck,

i Don't think poker is rigged although it is sceptical, you have to ask the question What would full tilt, or pokerstars gain from making one play get bad cards and one get good,

so if you going to talk about online poker been rigged you shouldn't realy talk about crap beating gold, its more likly to be when 3 great hands come together consistently,

i don't think online poker is rigged but i've said thats rigged about s million times( the same amount of times i've flopped the nuts and lost)
    • pkrhag
      pkrhag
      Bronze
      I don't think online poker is rigged for a player or for generating more rake. The reason is simple. The risk of being caught vs the profit of creating such system too large. Imagine if pokerstars was caught in such a rigging scandal; the player base will drop so quickly overnight that they will simply have to shut down. Considering that billions have hands have been played in poker sites, i don't think it would be impossible varify if a site rigs the cards.

As for why people feel that sites are rigged. I think poker players tend to remember bad beats more often than suckouts.
      For example, how many bad beats can you remember from the last session vs the number of times you suckouted?
      If the poker sites are rigged (but not toward any particular players), then in theory, you should suck out just as often as receiving bad beats. Unless you are a good player and folded when you should have. In the latter case, you recieve more bad beats because you are have folded the situations in which you are behind. In either case, you remember more bad beats rigged or not.

I think the reason why poker players tend to remember bad beats more often is because we are programmed to remember mistakes. Although it is not a mistake to be ahead in a pot, we tend to look at the result of that specific pot, not the probability of winning that pot.

As for asking 100 online players; i guess roughly 80% of all players are fish (not that i'm not one).
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pkrhag
      I think the reason why poker players tend to remember bad beats more often is because we are programmed to remember mistakes. Although it is not a mistake to be ahead in a pot, we tend to look at the result of that specific pot, not the probability of winning that pot.
      I know its OT, but i want to say that this is not true. We arent programmed to remember mistakes. We remember just bad things much better than the good things.
      Look, if you ship it allin with kings and run into aces and you manage suckout, you made a mistake and got lucky. But you wont remember it, because you won so you dont care. On the other hand, if you have the aces and the other guy has kings and you lose, you'll remember it for a long time, because that idiot got lucky on you, although this time you didnt make any mistakes. It's just selective memory.

And btw its rigged.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      It's not? :baby:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by pkrhag
      I know its OT, but i want to say that this is not true. We arent programmed to remember mistakes. We remember just bad things much better than the good things.
      Look, if you ship it allin with kings and run into aces and you manage suckout, you made a mistake and got lucky. But you wont remember it, because you won so you dont care. On the other hand, if you have the aces and the other guy has kings and you lose, you'll remember it for a long time, because that idiot got lucky on you, although this time you didnt make any mistakes. It's just selective memory.

And btw its rigged.

People are just results-oriented.