0.02/0.05 Rush (9-handed), too few hands for stats

SB (Hero) $6.71
      BU $5.92

Hole cards Q :club: J :heart:
      6 folds, BU raises 0.10, Hero 3-bets 0.25, BB folds, BU calls 0.25

Flop: (Pot 0.55) 6 :club: T :club: 9 :diamond:
      Hero raises 0.30, BU calls 0.30

Turn: (Pot 1.15) 8 :club:
      Hero checks, BU raises 1.15, Hero raises to 2.30, BU raises All-In (to 5.37), Hero calls

Preflop - Miniraise looks pretty weak at BU so I tried re-steal, after call I put him on low pocket pair/Ax /suit conn/ maybe some broadway

Flop - standart c-bet + I have OESD

Turn - I have monster, but there is threat of Flush. If I raise and he have nothing he either folds or bluff re-raises and I do not want neither, So I decided to bluff-induce by checking, Now it looks like I gave up after c-bet plus this is super-wet board thus perfect place to bluff. He raised pot, great news because its too much for flush so now I want to move as many chips as I can to the middle. I decided to mini-check/raise here because I feared that bigger raise will scare him plus this looks like some desperate donk-bluff (this betting sequence does not make sense) He shoved, easy call.

Should I play this way in similar cases? I know Its very very unorthodox move, but it makes it only more devastating when villian falls into trap. Planned to call in case of small raise on turn and 3/5 pot bet river + call up to 1/2 pot raise. Is this line ok?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wouldn't call that a very unorthodox move, it's just uncommon at microstakes. The main reasons being:

- it's hard for you opponents to have worse made hands they feel fine valuebetting on such a scary board especially since they're no good at valuebetting correctly.

- people don't float with weak hands planning on bluffing the turn as often as they do at higher stakes, when they call it's usually because they have some weak piece that they'll try and see a showdown with.

Overall that means your opponents' betting frequencies on the turn will be drastically lower than it would be at higher stakes, hence making you way more likely to simply whiff your check/raise, with the side-effect of running into nutted hands when they do bet.

So personally I'd just assume I can still get called by hands like two pairs or 7x (that might sometimes decide to jam over anyway if they were going to bet when checked to), thus with the nut straight and a potential redraw I'd just bet again and shove it in if raised.

Hope it helps.