Looking For Volunteers (SHFL 0.5/1-3/6)

• Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

Well now I've been introduced to the site and my first video is out I think it's time to let you guys in on something I've been planning.

I want to get the FL community involved in what we do here and also give a little bit of something back so here's what I'm thinking.

I would like volunteers to register interest here in getting a video of YOURS reviewed by me for a series on Pokerstrategy.

What I'm Looking For

About 20-30 minutes of play at a 0.5/1 to a 3/6 table of 6-max Shorthanded Fixed Limit. I don't need much longer as, as you can already tell, I will find plenty of stuff to pause the vid and talk about.

I would prefer 2/4 to 3/6 play but I will certainly entertain 0.5/1 and 1/2 videos. Anything below that will need to be an exceptional case if I'm going to review it on video.

So This is Free Coaching??

Essentially yes. But it is for a Limited Time. If I'm really impressed with your video and you're open to it I may invite you on the air to go through the video with me.

How Long Have I Got?

I want you to register your interest in this thread before the end of December 2010, this is just so I can set a timeframe around it.

I will PM you to request a video

This won't be the only time I run this if it goes well, but it's important to have a decent first test period for any experiment.

Specifics just to be clear

20-30 minutes of Live Play at 6-max LHE
        Sound not necessary in your vid.
        0.5/1-3/6 preferred
        4-Tables Maximum, Preferably 2 but I'll accept 4 because it's a review.
        If You want me to blank your Screenname that's fine
        Register your interest here along with a little background about your poker history and what you currently play

My Skype name is Boomer2k7 should you wish to ask me anything about this in person. Hope to hear from you soon :f_cool:
  • 13 replies
    • Brozac
      Brozac
      Bronze
      hi im interested in this. i usually play 2-4 but im currently on 1-2.
      well i play for several years but never got the patience to study the game, wich iam trying to do now. i started at 0.02/0.04 and played trough 5/10.
      im a supernova on pokerstars but iam playing very bad at the moment so i think i need some help.
      by the way thx for this effort.
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      I'm also interested.
      I'm taking a degree and play mostly on weekends, but have tried to study lately. I have tried to move up to 2/4 but my bankroll and skill might only be good for 1/2 for now.

But study and live has a gap that probably involves confidence and thought.
      I may be bluffing too much and keeping my range too wide against certain tight players. I struggle with good spots to use aggression for fold equity and may value bet too thin.

It gladly surprised that good poker player coaches like you want to help struggling players, thanks.
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      I would love to participate given the chance.
      I play up to 2/4$ now. Moved to shorthanded this summer (played 1/2 FR than), started at .5/1 and moved my way up.
      I already did one FR vid (commented) and posted it on the forum. I enjoyed it quite a bit, so yea, I would be eager to do this.
      Something about my game - I think I'm bit more passive than a normal reg in todays games (who are imo too aggressive).
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Hey, I'm in :) Will do 3/6 vid with commentary if I'm chosen. I think my game is fairly good already, but certainly wouldn't hurt with a new perspective ;)
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      Hello :)
      I'm from Italian community and I'd really like to improve my game.
      I started playing FLSH in a serious manner in October.
      Played constantly all days, 2-3 hours a day.
      I'm playing 1/2 on FTP.

I started playing poker online a year ago.
      Built my bankroll through sng, SSS, HU sng, FR LHE until I was ready to play 1/2 SH.

I'm also available to be a voluntary for a long term coaching or something, lol :D

Thanks. :heart:
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

Thanks for your interest so far, I will be contacting all interested parties in 2 weeks or so.

Until then it may be wise to get recording, these things don't always come out right first time (Of course I've never had to re-record anything...what do your mean? :s_o: )
    • fuerstIN
      fuerstIN
      Bronze
      Hey Boomer I'd be interested in making a 3/6 Vid :)

I'm playing 3/6 SH mostly on Stars while also doing some game creation on FR tables aswell...
      I'm looking to establish myself in the 5/T+ games hopefully next year :D
      unfortunately my first shots at 5/T didn't suces at all...
      So yeah I'd be happy if you could review some of my session because I think I play better than the "normal 3/6 guy" still have alot of leaks and struggle with alot of things that most of the layers on 3/6 struggle with.

I wouldn't mind playing lower either.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

I'm now ready to begin accepting submissions so if you guys would like to add me to your Skype list or Accept my friend invitation here so we can PM I'd be grateful. If you guys need any help in recording a video let me know.

Looking forward to this, should be a blast.

Thanks, Boomer
    • Augepaul
      Augepaul
      Bronze
      Hey Boomer!
      Thanks fpr your offer :)

I would also be interested in making a Video!

I'm Playing 2/4 and 3/6 on Pokerstars and looking to improve my Game to hepefully crush the tables next Year :D

I send you a request in the Com-Tool!

Cheers!
    • wuerstchenwilli
      wuerstchenwilli
      Black
      Hi Boomer!

I am highly interested aswell. I like your videos very much and appreciate your northern accent :P . It is a good variety to all this foreign american style. BTW: my dad is from Bolton. That's why I learned three languages during my youth: German from my mom, english in school and rubbish from me dad.

About my career: I think I learn more than I play. Maybe that is why my Play is far away from perfect. I went up to 5/T and won 75BB, but opabumbi highly recommended me to go down again. Due to my loose BRM (200 BB) and a Downswing I am back to 0.25/0.50, but I have no problems playing 2/4 or 3/6. I already made three vids but they are all bigger than 1GB. I played over 300k Hands, have a lag/tag-style very aggressive with a high SD-Boundness.

So long,

willi
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi Boomer!

I'd be very interested in this offer. I play .5/1 on Party and FTP, also I am a volunteer hand evaluator in the Hungarian community (you may remember me from the 65s hand that got into part 1 of your hand evaluation video series).

My poker history: I started playing LHE FR in February 2010 with my last $14, moved up to .5/1 SH since then (also I took one or two shots at 1/2, but I had to cash out for Christmas). I moved onto SH play a bit early, after .1/.2 FR I had enough of the nitfest and moved onto .05/.1 SH and never looked back again.:)
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      hi Boomer,

I am intrested in this offer too. I can make a video for 0.5$/1$ on stars

I started playing 0.10/0.20 this summer on unibet. The trafic there is like a pair of 7 on a AAKKJ board so I moved to stars. Now I play 0.25/0.5 and everything I win at .25/.5 table, I lose at 0.5/1 tables.
      I had 3 shots at 0.5/1 and didn't go well. Now I build my BR for the 4'th shot - hope to be the last one :)

I'm looking forward to hear from you
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Thanks to those who have subsequently registered interest.

I've sent you all, messages/friend requests.

Hope y'all had a great Xmas, mine was in bed w/ man-flu :f_confused: