UTG+1 ($2.51)
      UTG+2 ($6.50)
      MP1 ($11.94)
      MP2 ($1)
      MP3 ($2)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($4.96)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold, SB calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.26) 9:diamond: A:heart: 5:heart:

SB checks, UTG+2 bets $0.20, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds

TURN ($0.66) 9:diamond: A:heart: 5:heart: 8:heart:

UTG+2 bets $0.49, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG+2 folds

Hero shows Q:heart: J:heart:

Hero wins $1.54
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Either you think he's capable of giving away more money on the river by either valuebetting AK/sets again on his own or putting you on some obscure turned redraw that he feels like check/calling a blank river against, in which case you can flat there rooting for a safe river, or you don't, in which case you're better off just raising to get value out of hands like sets/AxKh that will probably talk themselves into seeing a river to improve.

Personally I don't think that guy will bet or check/call much of anything on a blank river even if we just flat, so I'd take my chances with a 3x raise as well.

Hope it helps.
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      What do you think of the stats image I posted. Was it useful, should I do that for future hands posted for evaluation if they seem relevant?

It's good to know that I played the hand alright. I looked over my biggest losing hands yesterday (I've only got a 10k hands history so far, spread over 5 sites). I was pleased to see that I didn't make big mistakes, other than playing NL200 with with a (quickly decimated) $300 BR.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure, the more information on villain we have, the better we can understand how he plays the game and help you make better decisions against him.

Not sure spreading your volume between multiples sites is such a good idea at the begining, maybe you're grinding bonuses or something, but it also means you have to get a hang of the play of 5 different player pools even if you play the same stakes.

Hope it helps.