RainbowPonny's magical journey!(ATM: NL10 SH)

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Looking for someone who can coach me at NL10. I don't have much money to pay but I'd be happy to profit share etc. I put in a fair amount of volume (50-80k hands a month) and I'm currently running at 3.21bb/100 over 87k hands.

Hello all Pokerstrategists!

I thought I'd start a poker blog to evolve my game and to get some critisism of my game. Also I want to keep some track of my progress and how my playing style develops. :)

About me:
      I'm 18 years old and live in Sweden
      I'm still in school :f_cry: and I graduate "High School" in June of 2011. I'll probably be studying economics after I graduate.

Poker and me:

I've been playing for about 3 months and I've done alright. I've turned 50$ to about 140$ in theese months. However, I thought I'd step my game up and get some more experienced players to comment on my game.
      In this thread I'll post some of my graphs and some hands I feel I could use some help with :) And ofcourse my results as I play :)

I'm starting with 50 dollars playing NL2 on PartyPoker full ring :) I'll go up when I have at least 25BI but preferrably when I have 30BI.

Some of my goals:

[X] Read all of the Bronze strategy articles
      [X] Read all of the Silver strategy articles
      [] Read all of the Gold strategy articles

Limits:
      [X] Reach NL4
      [X] Reach NL10
      [] Reach NL25
      [] Reach NL50
      [] Reach NL100

Wish me luck! :f_cool:

Current Stats:
      Starting BR:50$
      Highest BR:479$
      Current BR:437$
      Limit:NL10FR RUSH

See ya!
      Julius
  • 101 replies
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Edited because of shitty hand.. added funny pic instead. WIN! :s_biggrin:

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      added another postsaver :D (Sorry if it offends anyone(not rly))

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      The poker gods are smiling at me :) I've won 11BI in two days. I'd better not get used to it :P

I also recorded my session to review later. I made some mistakes that i need to look into ;)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Played a short session and lost about 1 BI couldnt play on because I couldn't connect to Party Poker properly. I'll probably play some tomorrow. :P
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      After loosing all in pre with AA vs 46o and trips vs gutshot on river my luck turned. I went from -1BI to + 6 BI's so I'm really happy with my results today :)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Had a pretty bad day yesterday. Loosing 2 AA preflop to a straight and a flush but only lost about a half BI so I'm pretty happy anyways :)

Ill try to win some today :) 12 points to silver :D
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Heres my graph so far about 2,2k hands :)

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Finally reached silver status :) I won 3,6$ yesterday and 1,6 before that so my BR is now at 89,57$ when I get to 110 I'll move up to NL4 :)

Still waiting for replies in this thread :f_cry:
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Hello. I'm currently in about the same position as you, starting from the bottom, trying to move up.

You would have reached silver because right now until end of the year strategy points are quadrupled or something like that I don't know why.

I'd like to know how you're crushing so well. Do you have stats to post? like VPIP/PFR/Aggfac
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Originally posted by lozz08
      Hello. I'm currently in about the same position as you, starting from the bottom, trying to move up.

You would have reached silver because right now until end of the year strategy points are quadrupled or something like that I don't know why.

I'd like to know how you're crushing so well. Do you have stats to post? like VPIP/PFR/Aggfac
      Hey thanks for posting here :) Well I've played before at NL5 and NL10 so I have some experience. About me crushing I'm not sure. I don't think I have enough sample to say I'm crushing or even beating this level. I took a month off not playing just studying and that helped my game alot!

my stats are 16/12/3 btw :) although the Aggression factor might be a bit lower. I'm trying to balance my c-bets trying to think about what i want to accomplish with them.

Hope to hear more from you and good luck with your game :)
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'm currently on a 8 BI NL2 downswing (lol) and due to the nature of this limit I feel pretty embarrassed :s_frown:

Sometimes it is difficult to assess whether you are really a crap player or its luck, you know? Anyway, my stats are

12.5/8/2.34 vpip/pfr/aggfac running at 0.43 BB/100 over 17,500 hands.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      I feel the same sometimes. I've been running very hot so I feel I'll be questioning my abilities when things turn.

Anyways, just keep studying and think about how you play. (Tilt is your worst enemy) I know I will, and I might even improve before my luck turns so I might keep on going up ;)

Again good luck to you, I'd like to hear more from you in this thread. :)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      A graph for about 3,8k hands.

• lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      How are your non showdown winnings? Can you have a positive redline at this limit you think?
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      I'm not sure really. I cant see non-showdown winnings in elephant. But I think I might be break even or close to at least.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Ughhh... went on some kind of mini tilt yesterday :f_mad: lost 3 BI in total. Atleast I stopped playing before i lost even more :]
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Some thoughts on downswings:

I found that the reason I couldn't get out of my downswing was because I was thinking about how much I had lost, and that distracted me.

The fact is you can never play optimally if you are result-oriented- you can't let your results effect your game in any way at all.

That would also be the reason that downsings so often follow upswings- you are thinking about how good it is that you've made this money and you are distracted.

rainbow, make sure that when you return to the tables you are thinking about nothing else than trying to make the best decision you can at any one time. Anything else can only negatively effect your playing.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      Thank you for this. I stopped playing because I felt I didn't play my a game when I started getting frustrated.
      I took a break and just studied some strategy.

Maybe we should make a rule not to look at our progress nor our bankrolls while playing. :D

Also I'll take a shot at NL4 SH today :) Ill have a stop-loss of about 2-3 BI.
      Wish me luck :f_cool:
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Silver
      ok after about 300 hands on NL4 SH im up 3 BI. It was a bit of a rocky start but I'm getting used to the new format. There are so much more donks in SH than in FR it's unbeliveable. A guy called My all in with nothing when i had TPTK :) Hope it continues this way. I'll try to adjust to the new format nice and easy not going to crazy and hopefully in a while ill be playing NL4 SH regularly.

Oh and i just doubled my BR :) I'm at 101,20$