weeeeeeeeee

• 15 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      damn... i thought that graph would get heaps of love.

i guess 120BIs < EV is std now
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      yes
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Welcome to the club tbh. Although my graph isn't facing downwards (it really shouldn't since I play MTTs) I understand the situation. Whatcha gonna do ... hope it turns around.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Also u have every reason to be extremely happy!

Yes I mean it.

U have to look a it this way: What would u rather have, this graph or a couple of dead hookers in ur garage?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Also u have every reason to be extremely happy!

Yes I mean it.

U have to look a it this way: What would u rather have, this graph or a couple of dead hookers in ur garage?
      But if he had won money he would have the money to pay to get rid of them...
      Seriously thought. That's pretty darn sick.
      Rakeback is saving ur ass though
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      more like rake is fucking your ass
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      that's pretty sick. how is it even possible. at some point you have to wonder if there is collusion or something going on... 125BI below EV is just wrong - I hope you get the 125BI upside soon (I've never seen one..)

What are the odds with your ROI of that happening? Big respect for playing through it.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ok i dont understand all these graphs but does this mean your losing hands by bad beats like aces getting cracked alot or something ?(
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      ok i dont understand all these graphs but does this mean your losing hands by bad beats like aces getting cracked alot or something ?(
      I imagine not only AA, but also losing many 60/40 70/30 and 50/50 shots, besides not sucking out nearly enough when pushing any two cards, coolers etc.. It's just wrong. Something is wrong.

Imagine if you started your month with a run like that, you'll end up moving down limits and take even longer to get back... hmmmph!
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gavinonymous
      Originally posted by pogodon
      I imagine not only AA, but also losing many 60/40 70/30 and 50/50 shots, besides not sucking out nearly enough when pushing any two cards, coolers etc.. It's just wrong. Something is wrong.

Imagine if you started your month with a run like that, you'll end up moving down limits and take even longer to get back... hmmmph!
      oh thats bad,
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      that's pretty sick. how is it even possible. at some point you have to wonder if there is collusion or something going on... 125BI below EV is just wrong
      There's no possible correlation between being under EV and being victim of collusion..

What are the odds with your ROI of that happening? .
      and what has ROI common with odds of running bad in allin situation?
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      that's pretty sick. how is it even possible. at some point you have to wonder if there is collusion or something going on... 125BI below EV is just wrong
      There's no possible correlation between being under EV and being victim of collusion..

What are the odds with your ROI of that happening? .
      and what has ROI common with odds of running bad in allin situation?
      I'm going by the thread with the variance simulator comparisons. at higher ROI there is less chance of big downswings than at lower ROI. maybe it's not related either.

dp you think it's a case of too many players making -$EV calls, bringing up the $EV of the players not in the hand?

I notice the calls (esp on BB from SB push) have become a lot looser than they used to be, since they expect an any two push and they don't see why they should fold their QJs to ATC.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      OK, but being above or below EV line has nothing to do with the fact player has 10% or -10% ROI... Downswing you're talking about is not the EV difference which can be huge even during the upswing. It doesnt matter whether you play superlose with any2 pushes or super tight by playing only top10 hands - you have exactly the same chance of running below/above EV.

Difference between 'Expected value in allin spots' and the real winnings is therefore not influenced by player's skill level, because even if you always have only 5% equity and always lose, you'd be below EV line inevitably.

just my 2 cents
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      variance != downswings.

with a high roi the chance of hitting a huge downswing over a big period of games is lower than with a 1% roi. as you can see lessthanthree is still up money in 2500 games , only that is nowhere near what's expected.

but anyone can run a ton of BIs <EV , it doesn't matter if you are a sng god or the biggest fish.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      is this party poker of FTP?