[NL20-NL50] Rush NL25. AK in weird spot ina 3-bet pot

• expandir

what do u think? I think I shoud've called, given I have TPTK in a 3bet pot... I am so nitty... :(

Donk turn for value and call the rest? Call turn? Fold turn?

Villain 43/21 with just 11 hands. Raise 1st 43%.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($31.98)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25.84)
      UTG+2 ($25.35)
      MP1 ($25.75)
      MP2 ($25)
      CO ($26.14)
      BTN ($27.50)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.75, CO calls $2

FLOP ($5.60) T:heart: K:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $2.50, CO raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

TURN ($15.60) T:heart: K:heart: 5:diamond: 4:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $15.60, Hero folds

CO wins $14.82
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII

his minraise on flop looks suspicous.
      But I'd click it back to 12$ to be able to shove turn myself on blank comfortably.
      As played: Ch/shove turn.
      If he has 55, TT, KT it's just a cooler.
      It's not profitable to fold TPTK in 3-bet pot against that fish imo.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      I´d likely just shove flop
      tptk against fish is good enough hand to play at that spot for stacks and he can do that with draws, bluffs, tp hands. Pot is too big to click it back and give him outs to hit his draws. i´d rather just take pot down on the flop than wait on the turn
      You have to c/rai turn, since his potting range should be wider as his min-raise on the flop than your tptk
    • GodfatherDh
      I would have bet bigger on the flop.. on a drawy board a 1/2 pot bet is way to low.. And against a player with 43 VI$P suited connectors are in his range. I think he saw some weakness and tried to bluf.. So my opinion is to bet the flop bigger because Flush draws are possible, if he raises you, I would go broke on in a 3bet pot with TPTK and especially against this player.

If someone thinks I'm wrong.. Plz feel free to correct me ;)

• Tim64
      Well the small cb can actually be good if it induces villain to bluff - it's better than villain just folding to our normal 2/3 cb.

But yeah, once villain raises, we should make a pot sized raise (or nr) planning to go broke on flop if possible.

Remember, if villain is bluffing, he will pretty often follow through on turn as that's the only way he can win - so imo if you call flop it should be with intention of calling (at least) any blank turn.