BTN: $11.92
      SB: $10.55 vp/pfr/af/3bet 41/35/3.8/25 100 hands
      BB: $17.94
      UTG: $10.00
      MP: $12.86
      Hero (CO): $10.46

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB raises to $1.10, fold, Hero raises to $2.70, SB raises to $10.55 and is all-in, Hero calls $7.76 and is all-in

he 3bet 6 times and 4 was vs me. he 3bet one guy with T7s from BU and called PFR from SB with AKo
      is going broke vs this guy ok or play this differently?
      thanks
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would just call pre unless he is also spaz 5bet shoving. You have position and dominate a weak range that will mostly fold to a 4bet.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would just call pre unless he is also spaz 5bet shoving. You have position and dominate a weak range that will mostly fold to a 4bet.
      Depends how easy he is to read postflop.

You have to deal with the fact that you'll always get into gross spots with JJ even in position against good/aggressive players, namely either you'll have to call down with an overpair when he could very well have a bigger one, or you'll face multiple barrels with 1 or more overcards out there.

That's why the higher you go, the more often you see regs just 4-bet/call hands like AK/TT-QQ that are hard to play postflop even in position until you know villain is crazy enough that you can blindly call down on any board or something, and flat with hands like KK+ that don't feel horrible on nearly as many flops.

Personally I think against that guy you can 4-bet and call it off easily, it's not impossible he levels himself into shoving 99-TT over and he'll certainly shove AK as well, so together with the dead money you gather uncontested when he 3bet/folds, it'll show a profit even if you happen to be flipping/2-outing when he 5bets. He can't 3-bet 25% (20% of which can't stand a 4-bet) and get away with it without losing money overall if you 4-bet/call TT+/AK.

Hope it helps.