BB: $1.40
      UTG: $5.45
      UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $0.77
      Hero (MP+1): $1.94
      LP: $0.74

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, Villain calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.25, 2 players) T:diamond: 7:club: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, Villain bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.29, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

River: ($0.69, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.40, CO raises to $0.80, Hero ???

I don't understand the mini bet of Villain at the flop, and as I don't really connect with the board but have not much to pay, I decide to call. Then the A comes on the turn and I think it is good for me. But Villain calls. Then he raises my bet at the river. I suspect a slow play (maybe a pocket pair that hit the board), but I really think of calling here. Is that the right move? My reads on my opponent are a tight and rather passive player, with a tendency not to bet with good hands.
  • 2 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      If he's a tight-passive then he either flopped the nuts and didn't want to scare you away so he minbets - OR he minbets his weak 2nd pair that made trips on the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by StaticMoth
      If he's a tight-passive then he either flopped the nuts and didn't want to scare you away so he minbets - OR he minbets his weak 2nd pair that made trips on the river.
      Agreed. There is a remote chance that he minbet A-high, turned top pair and somehow minraises what he thinks is two pairs AA99T on the river, or minbet Tx and rivered TT99A. For that reason when in doubt calling is okay against villains who are a bit aggressive, if he's really passive just let him be you're very rarely good.

Hope it helps.