$18.59
      BB:
      $10.38
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $5.10

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) 9, Q, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.3) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($3.9) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.97, SB calls $4.97.

Final Pot: $13.84.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, king high(Kc Jh).
      SB shows a pair of queens(Qc Ac).

Hero wins with a straight, king high(Kc Jh).

Villain - 13/4/AF5.0 (not much else based on only 25 hands)

My thoughts - standard open/steal vs 2 nits in the blinds
      C/minraise, I get almost 5:1 to chase my gutter and see what he does on the turn, and I should have decent implieds being deep.

Turn bet is sooo weak, begging to be called, never folding there when callin' flop.

Hit my river and thinking he went to bluffcatch mode, so decided to make it xtra scary overbet bluffy for him to snap.

Should I have gone for more? Like 1.5x pot or smth :f_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't really think you can say that the turn bet is weak considering villain minraised the flop to begin with, if that's just his way of milking you with a strong hand he'll probably bet smallish all the way. So flop is fine, I'd fold the turn.

As played on the river I'm not sure why you're overbetting against a 13/4 tightish fish that you said was weak on the turn, I find it quite unlikely that he's going to hero call that with his weak range when you make it that big. That said since I don't believe his turn bet particularly shows weakness I'm fine with your overbet, I just wanted to point out that caveat in your logic.

Hope it helps.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Just because you're deep doesn't mean you get implieds, if you believe him to be weak then how can you say you have implied odds? and pot odds you get on turn arn't good enough, + you end up in tricky spots on river if say you drop a J.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by fusionpk
      Just because you're deep doesn't mean you get implieds, if you believe him to be weak then how can you say you have implied odds? and pot odds you get on turn arn't good enough, + you end up in tricky spots on river if say you drop a J.
      He said villain was weak on the turn because of his small bet sizing, obviously he thought villain could have strong hands on the flop if he justified calling the minraise by invoking implied odds.

Even if villain happens to be weak on the flop, that just means you believe you'll have some opportunities to take it away later on unimproved with KJ-high, so it's not the end of the world provided you know what you're doing.

Hope it helps.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      Hi,

Originally posted by fusionpk
      He said villain was weak on the turn because of his small bet sizing, obviously he thought villain could have strong hands on the flop if he justified calling the minraise by invoking implied odds.

Even if villain happens to be weak on the flop, that just means you believe you'll have some opportunities to take it away later on unimproved with KJ-high, so it's not the end of the world provided you know what you're doing.

Hope it helps.
      I am talking about turn call, you can't call there if you think he is weak because you arn't priced for it, unless you plan some sort of float etc which I don't like here anyway.

Whilst im not judging his flop call, you are wrong with your analysis, whilst you may be able to take it away at some point, this guy had obviously never planned to else he would semi-bluff raise his turn bet since he believes him to be weak, the only real justification for making both flop & turn calls is if he believed he wud get paid off, which he clearly didn't.

Either way, we agree turn is fold. Esp with heros reads (whether true or not).