$4.35
      BU:
      $9.12
      SB:
      $10.93
      BB (Hero):
      $12.48

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) A, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.43, MP2 calls $0.93.

Turn: ($3.51) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, MP2 raises to $5.40, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.76.

Villain - 21/15/2.4AF/75%cbet (sample 195 hands)

I guess he should have AxK :heart: ... but I don't think he would cbet so big if he had the nut FD as well, but AxJ :heart: beats me too and don't see much else there from his UTG opening range.

Should've just c/c him down?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends how he perceives the game, if his hand looks invulnerable and he doesn't think the c-bet sizing makes a difference to whether people call with a heart or Ax, why not bet big? It's also possible he thinks about none of that and just c-bet big on drawy boards because others do so, or c-bet big every time because that's how he plays.

If you really put him on AK without a heart raising is okay providing you're ready to fire most turns as well, just keep in mind he can only have 6 combos of AK without the Kh and he'll also have 6 combos of AA/QQ that he'll never fold. Usually I just call the flop and see what happens on the turn.

As played I'm check/folding the turn, most people won't valuebet less than the Jh if even that and they won't turn stuff like sets/two pairs/Ax into a bluff either when checked to. So when they bet we're usually no good, and even if we are sometimes, a river shove might come behind that that we would have guess on as well. The only real hands we could get value from by leading the turn are sets that decided to not 3-bet the flop, quite a tight range.

If he checks back the turn I'll try and squeeze a call out of him on blank rivers with a smallish bet in case he still doubts us with sets/Ax, but against believers we'll only get shown Jh when called so you can pass on that as well if you perceive him as tight.

Hope it helps.