This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - AJo IP 3bet pot

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $17.72
      MP2:
      $6.82
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO:
      $8.90
      BU (Hero):
      $24.18
      SB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.45) K, A, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.85) J (2 players)
      BB bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60.

River: ($10.05) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Jc Ad).
      BB shows a pair of jacks(6c Jd).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and jacks(Jc Ad).

Villain - 21/18/2AF/FoldBB: 70%/5.6% 3bet/FCbet: 60%/TCbet: 60%/FvsRiverBet: 75% (sample 273 hands)

Should I valuebet the river? I mean his hand smells awful lot like AK, but why would he check the river with that, since he should expect to get value from my AJ/AQ which I would otherwise check behind.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

At the same time the only real hand you can expect to check/call you in that spot in AQ, maybe a smaller Ax hand if he 3bets that and doesn't understand that he's always beat when you bet the river.

Personally I usually go for value every time in similar spots regardless and end up getting shoved on a good amount of the time anyway, so if you think he's possibly weak/tight or tricky enough to check a better hand to you sometimes, it's not that big a deal to check it back.

Hope it helps.