BTN: $2.00
      SB: $2.20
      Hero (BB): $2.03
      UTG: $3.85
      UTG+1: $1.47
      MP: $0.90

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, fold, Hero raises to $0.28, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) 5:heart: 4:spade: 3:heart:
      Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.41, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets $1.33 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $1.34
  • 2 replies
    • fusionpk
      Would be nice to know stats/reads on villain vpip/pfr/fold to 3b

If he is nvr folding to 3b i don't like this much since you are OOP, if you are in position and he is opening light and not folding to 3b then its probably a much better spot. If he isn't calling 3bs light then you are in tough position post flop, you really need to figure what he has here.

You cbet this board, maybe a bit big you can prolly go smaller more like $0.30 or something, because if he raises you, you are always folding. Obv no smaller than $0.30 bcause just looks weak. Another line, if you think he 4bs his big pairs and folds out his smaller pairs pre or smthin there may be an argument for check raising this board to get value from his bluffs vs your missed cbet, although maybe not an nl2 line since he prolly won't fold his A highs here and he prolly did call his smaller pps preflop so maybe disregard this, but its something to think abt. In general you played flop ok, just smaller cbet i think.

Turn is wierd, so you have pot size shove left, you can't rly bet smaller than pot because it makes no sense w/ stack size, you can't check because he checks behind his draws too often, so i think you play turn ok by shoving since you need to protect/get value from his draws/combo draws. If board was much dryer it kind of sucks hard here because you nvr get called by worse (maybe if he is calling 3bets with weak hands like KJ). Need stats on villain really.

In my opinion, postflop was ok, your mistake was 3b OOP w/ your hand, you juiced up the pot so that when you miss you have to commit alot more chips than you want to & get in tough spots where you will prolly end up stacking off too light. Also depending on villain you can get in dominated often.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Only street I'd play differently is the flop, I'd either check/fold or c-bet smaller. If he has any piece of it he's calling anyway, he might not even fold A-high, so really we're only trying to make him fold very weak stuff like KJ/QT so that he doesn't get a chance to bluff us out with it. If he doesn't call 3bets that light, flatting preflop would be fine and check/folding the flop as played is cool as well, can't win them all.

Hope it helps.