What's you overall impression on NLHE10?

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      I don't know if it was just negative variance, but something weird happened to me on my first session on NLHE10 on PokerStars.

I came from PartyPoker NL4 and pretty much crushed it with 24bb/100 over 6000 hands. It made me a sound bankroll to start with on PokerStars NL10.

Then I lost $30 in 40 minutes. :s_o:

Got AA cracked by 84o, QQ ran over by J8s when the flush hit, all that kind of stuff. Got really tilted. It was some 15 hours ago.

Now that I recomposed myself, I think those games I played were actually VERY loose ones. You can easily run over the table on PartyPoker NL4 by raising and 3-betting, but I noticed that on PS NL10 people keep calling raises, 3-bets and also open a lot from BU and CO (compared to PP NL4).

I don't want to complain and shit like that. I just want you to share with me your impressions on PS NL10 (if the games are too loose, if you should play tight, etc, etc)

What you think?
  • 4 replies
    • Skring
      Skring
      Bronze
      First of all, congrats on moving up! It's an important success for any poker player regardless the limits.

Those 6k hands @ NL4 are to few in order for you to say that u crushed the limit. 24bb/100 is a v v nice winrate. Nevertheless I think your samplesize laks volume. It would be much more appropriate to say that u crushed the limit once you have smth like 60k++ hands with a 10+bb/100 winrate.
      In your case maybe it was an upswing. I also had 4k hand w/ a winrate of 54bb/100, thought I was a god, then lost 10 BI in 1h running over EV.

Try moving down for 10k more hands so you get your losses back and regain confidance. Then give NL10 another shot playing preety nitty for 2-3k hands 'till you get the filling you are confortable with the new betting sizes and your opponents tendencies.

Good luck and nice flops ;)
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skring
      First of all, congrats on moving up! It's an important success for any poker player regardless the limits.

Those 6k hands @ NL4 are to few in order for you to say that u crushed the limit. 24bb/100 is a v v nice winrate. Nevertheless I think your samplesize laks volume. It would be much more appropriate to say that u crushed the limit once you have smth like 60k++ hands with a 10+bb/100 winrate.
      In your case maybe it was an upswing. I also had 4k hand w/ a winrate of 54bb/100, thought I was a god, then lost 10 BI in 1h running over EV.

Try moving down for 10k more hands so you get your losses back and regain confidance. Then give NL10 another shot playing preety nitty for 2-3k hands 'till you get the filling you are confortable with the new betting sizes and your opponents tendencies.

Good luck and nice flops ;)
      Hey skring.. thanks a lot for the tips. I decided I'll play NL5 until I get more $50 and reach a bankroll of $300 (or 30BI for NL10).

Then I'll play pretty tight, just like you said, for some 2-3k hands and start it over. Thanks! :s_biggrin:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

As much as I like Skring's advice and thankyou for helping, but, I dont like:
      Then give NL10 another shot playing preety nitty for 2-3k hands

You should never move up with the intention of playing scared money for any period of time. Sure you can focus on the tendencies of the new level but just play less tables than you usually would.
      2>1
      4>2
      6>4
      etc

Regards,

Kyle.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Hey guys,

As much as I like Skring's advice and thankyou for helping, but, I dont like:
      Then give NL10 another shot playing preety nitty for 2-3k hands

You should never move up with the intention of playing scared money for any period of time. Sure you can focus on the tendencies of the new level but just play less tables than you usually would.
      2>1
      4>2
      6>4
      etc

Regards,

Kyle.

+1