Music while playing?

• zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I`m just wondering, what about music while you play? That may take away your attention from poker, but on the other hand music may save you from going on tilt :) Anyway, just a thought.

How do you see poker combined with music?
  • 28 replies
    • SeanKelly
      SeanKelly
      Bronze
      I find that it helps at first, but, towards the end of my session, i find it distracting. Overall though, some AC/DC does help me profit over all =D (Although I play worse with music, my profits are often higher o.O Just luck maybe?)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I have music on because i love music and it helps me to focus to the game and makes me feel better.
      Funny is that i have several playlists made for playing poker,made of songs that are tilt-free. I never listen to songs like Rude boy by Rihhana (although i like the song a lot) or Hot by Inna, again, they just tilt me so much.. :D I ussually listen to some rock.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      its a two edged sword. Ive been playing with music on for ages. I just stopped last night, as I really think it can screw up your thought process at times. its OK if your on autopilot, but thats not optimal!
    • drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze
      I like listening to progressive/minimal/tech, things not too fast tho, it's not distracting and keeps me in motion :s_cool: , sometimes reggae/dub.
      Ahh yeah and chiptune too, it makes poker feel like an arcade game :] rly cool stuff. Never had tilt or downswing on chiptune, it may sound weird...but it just depends on how it makes you feel !

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drbloody
      I like listening to progressive/minimal/tech, things not too fast tho, it's not distracting and keeps me in motion :s_cool: , sometimes reggae/dub.
      Ahh yeah and chiptune too, it makes poker feel like an arcade game :] rly cool stuff. Never had tilt or downswing on chiptune, it may sound weird...but it just depends on how it makes you feel !

I love your taste of music.

I am a trance/minimal person
    • JoaoMartins
      JoaoMartins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Evante

I also quite like this!
      Do you have some more music of the kind that you could post, refer me to?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

really glad you like the stuff :f_p: ...heeyyy Evante I'm a trance freak as well...everything from progressive fullOn to GoA even!

Here's some more, these are far more chiptunish :f_eek:

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Meh, I prefer such stuff:

But I'm a freak and a weird dude. :f_biggrin:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze

Me too! Here's something maaad when it comes to trance, but I wouldn't recommend this with poker...way too aggressive LOL

Best trance tune ever heard in my life !! DON'T FORGET THE SEAT-BELTS :s_evil:

A quasi-stellar radio source ("quasar") is a very energetic and distant galaxy with an active galactic nucleus. They are the most luminous objects in the universe. Quasars were first identified as being high redshift sources of electromagnetic energy, including radio waves and visible light, that were point-like, similar to stars, rather than extended sources similar to galaxies.
    • drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze
      This stuff made me loose 4 buy-ins in 20minutes :f_o: but was on tilt in the same time !

• drbloody
      drbloody
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by JoaoMartins

I also quite like this!
      Do you have some more music of the kind that you could post, refer me to?
      Hey Joao! When it comes to chiptune, there are many artists out there...tho dubmood is my favorite (he's actually the composer for Razor1911). I've lost the torrent links for him, if you use torrents...look him up on btjunkie dot org & thepiratebay dot org. He's the best there is! You may also like this: "blipfestival dot org"

Voila
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      drbloody

A mix of minimal enjoy....
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Omg I just discovered the last days that music tilts me a lot after I get badbeat or donk played, I just can't recover my thought process with music.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i try to never listen to music during a session, and if i must i listen to something that doesn't tilt me too much or atleast i focus on not getting tilted
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I think music is fine while playing full ring so you wouldn't fall asleep during the session or rip off your balls out of boredom
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      I think music is fine while playing full ring so you wouldn't fall asleep during the session or rip off your balls out of boredom
      been there done that :f_frown: