[NL2-NL10] NL25 : KK being pushed

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $15,13
      MP2:
      $10,21

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:diamond: , K:spade: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,25.
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1,10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,85, 5 folds.

Flop: ($2,55) 7:diamond: , Q:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,20, MP2 raises to $9,11 (All-In), Hero calls $6,91.

Turn: ($20,77) 5:heart:
      River: ($20,77) Q:spade:

Final Pot: $20,77

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Kd, Ks ] two pairs, Kings and Queens
      MP2 shows [ As, 8d ] two pairs, Queens and Fives
      Hero wins $19.74 USD with two pairs, Kings and Queens.

I was actually playing SSS, but already tripled up and was still playing a free round until the blinds arrived. Was it right to call the all-in ? I was really scared to make this call as it was above my bankroll and I was just about ready to leave the table before this hand arrived, and seeing the preflop play, I thought QQ was more than possible.

Ps : the flopbet was ok to protect against flushdraws, no ?
  • 13 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      U really shouldn't post the results. The whole thing with poker is that it is a game of imperfect information, so we want to know as little as u knew when u were playing. The fact that u posting the result suggest that something unusual is going on, so even if I don't read the result I become biased. As to the hand: since I know the result all I can say is nice hand. The decision here depends heavily on opponent. On NL10 I call such overbets by default against unknown opponent. On NL25 I would be more careful.
    • Chessexpert
      Chessexpert
      Bronze
      Gaianst most opponents it is a clear call on the flop at these limits. I have seen many guys doing that with AQ or a flush draw.

Chessexpert
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Oh ok, I won't post results anymore in the future, my apologies ;)
      Thanks for the quick feedback.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I would have folded, because usually opponent will have atleast set, but because he didn't re-raise you preflop I'd put him on AQ, JJ, TT (99-88) and on flop he might have had flush draw and wanted to test he's luck or if you were bluffing. Hmm... so now I'm confused, generally if he isn't tricky player then you should call. Woah now I thaught that 77 could be in his calling range (55 definetly not) depends how loose he is, so I'll go with what I said at the beginning, you should fold (and bet more on the turn).
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      How do I fold and bet more on the turn ? :P
      And I don't get it, you put him on a lower hand yet you'd fold ?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi SonicXT!

I think timukasr is kind of confused ;) You have to go all-in here. He can easily have a queen or a flushdraw. Get your money in! Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      ez call ;)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi SonicXT!

I think timukasr is kind of confused ;) You have to go all-in here. He can easily have a queen or a flushdraw. Get your money in! Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
      :D
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Yea pretty easy call at these limits.
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      the possible thing is if he is pushing you with 2 pair but I think it was a clearly good call since on the higher limits you will not find yourself in that kind of action as often as you can find yourself on lowerlimits.

About me: I am doing good guys, I withdraw my money on the pp and now building my bankroll on the other ways :P I have about 300$ now :) .
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      What's with the preflop raise size? You're giving away info if you raise 1.1 with monster and 1.0 with everything else.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I compensate for the MP2 paying a sit-in blind by adding half a blind for it.
      Coming to think of it, it was his first hand at the table and he lost his whole buy-in, lol ...
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Ok, that's sounds reasonable, although i add one full blind per poster.