This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - AA - 200bb eff.

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($41)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($92.75)
      UTG+1 ($103)
      CO ($45.70)
      Hero ($158)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, fold, Hero raises to $5, fold, BB calls $4.50, UTG+1 calls $3.25

FLOP ($15.25) Q:spade: 3:heart: 2:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($15.25) Q:spade: 3:heart: 2:spade: T:heart:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $11.50, Hero calls $11.50, BB folds

RIVER ($38.25) Q:spade: 3:heart: 2:spade: T:heart: 6:spade:

UTG+1 bets $22.50, Hero calls $22.50

bb is unknown. MP 24/22/5, 122 hnds. Assume MP will very often call his pps in this spot, even oop, since we are so deep. I don't expect him to 4b even JJ/QQ as he wont want to face a 5b. I also doubt he will call AQ oop, since he cant play a big pot with it.

On flop, we're not worried about bb ofc. I feel I don't need to protect much vs MP's range - we are wa/wb, imo. For this reason, ok to check behind? I just dont see ever getting called by worse (maybe JJ calls one street).

I guess when villain leads out 2/3 pot on turn he can be betting some lower pps if he puts me on AK/AQ that missed and is giving up, so call seems correct.

River is not great to face another bet around 1/2 pot but I think since we underrepped our hand, we probably have to call? He will certainly have QQ/TT/33/22 quite often, but still.

Is this a bad way with AA so deep, or ok? I feel that against a competent player, betting the flop wont achieve much?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

i'd play it exactly the same so deep.
      Btw.: AQ didn't miss.... :-)
      And as he can have exactly that hand => nh!

What did he have? If indeed QQ it's just a cooler and you lost the minimum.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can check back flop, but I´d still prefer c-bet.
      Just against two players even if they have smt like 55 or TT you still want that one of them would fold, since if you´re against 2 outs then it is much better situation than you´re against 4 outs that would cost you a lot of money on the turn and river, since you never can fold there aces unless it is overbets.
      And on that board you can also safely b/f, since nl 50 isn´t really no-one that sick who would c/r there Qx or even flushdraws and since he can´t have Qxss then it mostly is sets