NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($41)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($92.75)
      UTG+1 ($103)
      CO ($45.70)
      Hero ($158)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, fold, Hero raises to $5, fold, BB calls $4.50, UTG+1 calls $3.25

FLOP ($15.25) Q:spade: 3:heart: 2:spade:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($15.25) Q:spade: 3:heart: 2:spade: T:heart:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $11.50, Hero calls $11.50, BB folds

RIVER ($38.25) Q:spade: 3:heart: 2:spade: T:heart: 6:spade:

UTG+1 bets $22.50, Hero calls $22.50

bb is unknown. MP 24/22/5, 122 hnds. Assume MP will very often call his pps in this spot, even oop, since we are so deep. I don't expect him to 4b even JJ/QQ as he wont want to face a 5b. I also doubt he will call AQ oop, since he cant play a big pot with it.

On flop, we're not worried about bb ofc. I feel I don't need to protect much vs MP's range - we are wa/wb, imo. For this reason, ok to check behind? I just dont see ever getting called by worse (maybe JJ calls one street).

I guess when villain leads out 2/3 pot on turn he can be betting some lower pps if he puts me on AK/AQ that missed and is giving up, so call seems correct.

River is not great to face another bet around 1/2 pot but I think since we underrepped our hand, we probably have to call? He will certainly have QQ/TT/33/22 quite often, but still.

Is this a bad way with AA so deep, or ok? I feel that against a competent player, betting the flop wont achieve much?

• 2 replies
    • AninIII

i'd play it exactly the same so deep.
      Btw.: AQ didn't miss.... :-)
      And as he can have exactly that hand => nh!

What did he have? If indeed QQ it's just a cooler and you lost the minimum.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      you can check back flop, but I´d still prefer c-bet.
      Just against two players even if they have smt like 55 or TT you still want that one of them would fold, since if you´re against 2 outs then it is much better situation than you´re against 4 outs that would cost you a lot of money on the turn and river, since you never can fold there aces unless it is overbets.
      And on that board you can also safely b/f, since nl 50 isn´t really no-one that sick who would c/r there Qx or even flushdraws and since he can´t have Qxss then it mostly is sets