This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[DONE] Elephant on Win7x64+psql 9.0.1 HELP

• lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      "Connection to database NOT successful! Please ensure that PostgreSQL is running and your settings are correct."

I have Windows 7 x64 and PostgreSQL 9.0.1 (for x64) installed.
      I keep having problems with elephant recognizing my postgres installation.

Please help, it's anoying me totally.
      Few months ago i had trial version of elephant and everything worked perfect (with postgre 8.3). After my trial version has expired i uninstalled elephant and postgresql.
      Today i wanted to install elephant again (full version).
      I followed instructions (http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Software/el3phant/doc/ElephantSetupGuide.pdf) and never seen dialog for postgre installation(page 15). That's why i installed newest postgre from their homepage manualy.
      Now when i start elephant i got that message.

What I can/need to do to make this work? Would it help if i create elephant user manualy from psql shell or something?
      pls help!

p.s. sorry for my bad english and sorry if i missed place to create this thread!

Edit: i forgot to say that i have service postgresql-x64-9.0 running fine.
  • 3 replies