Elephant problem...

• asder123
      asder123
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I`m having a big problem as you can see:
      http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1214/baseo.jpg

First of all, newer version of elephant dosen`t work, works fine old like 0.69. They don`t work because when i run them open a table they just get error and asking for send a report. I tried to reinstall postgres and elephant and nothing, i deleted everything whats name is postrgres and elephant installed again and still nothing. I deleted postgres and elephant in registers, still nothing. Now i can only do something like this: Install postgres and elephant, then when i try to create database postgres or elphant it says unable to connect to postgres but its able to connect to elephantdb but ofc i cannot click okay to create there database... When i click cancel it again asks me to create database but now with name elephantdb65 so i click okay everything is fine but when im playing poker at P* it don`t get hands nothing like its not working. On table i see only this starting black little hud which is on top of screen, which appears when u dont have any hands. And yes i changed in hud options -> show hud after 1 hand played and still nothing.
      help?
  • 15 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey asder123,

please install the latest version of the elephant which can be found here: http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com

Are you able to create a new database within the database management?
    • asder123
      asder123
      Bronze

When i play on table elephant don`t get any hands, after i will close elephant and run again elephant just have them when i try to import they import them but with errors so still i don`t see any hands. I can make a new database but it dosen`t helps.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello there,

in order to import the latest hand histories you need to update your Elephant to the latest version (currently released v0.90, in development v0.93).
      The old v0.69 will not be supported anymore.

Cheers,
      L
    • asder123
      asder123
      Bronze
      thx for help it worked fine ;) Now i have to find how to fit hud to pokerstars layout of tables
    • Bragolatch
      Bragolatch
      Bronze
      I have the same problem, Poker Elephant 0.93 is not showing any hands and when I try to import them manually, they all have errors.

Import 24 Errors 24
      Import 10 Errors 10...

I've tried updating poker elephan and PokerStars, both say no updates available.

So far I've only used play money. Does that change anything.
      I'd like to get everything working and be used to it before I play real money.

Maybe I should try another site then PokerStars ?

Any suggestion ?
    • asder123
      asder123
      Bronze
      Just uninstall all sheets like postgres and elephant delete registers and then before installing postgres install newest version of elephant and it will automactly install for you postgres and it should be all fine.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:
    • Bragolatch
      Bragolatch
      Bronze
      After I applied your solution Elephant stopped working all together, I kept getting :
      "failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1' "

and could not even create a new db.

I found the solution to that on another tread but unfortunately I'm back with the original problem.

Files imported: 2, Hands imported: 72, Errors: 72, Duplicates: 0
      Reads /s: 177.51, Analyse /s: , Import /s: 107.33, Time Passed: 00:00 min

?(

Any Other Ideas ???
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      So far I've only used play money. Does that change anything.
      The elephant doesn't support playmoney hands. This is why you get this import errors ;)
    • Bragolatch
      Bragolatch
      Bronze
      lol Thanks
      Could have saved a lot of trouble if I had known that first !!!!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bragolatch
      lol Thanks
      Could have saved a lot of trouble if I had known that first !!!!
      Yeah for sure..
    • pkmarek
      pkmarek
      Bronze
      Well I am playing with real money and i have that same problem, when i and click stats pop-up then in few minutes it will ask me to crate a new database... today it asked me to create new databas like 10 times in row...????
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pkmarek
      Well I am playing with real money and i have that same problem, when i and click stats pop-up then in few minutes it will ask me to crate a new database... today it asked me to create new databas like 10 times in row...????
      Which version have you got installed?
    • pkmarek
      pkmarek
      Bronze
      0.90 i believe. I already uninstalled it and now trying to install 0.90 but there is something really wrong with postgreSQL, i uninstalled it but when i want to install Elephant it wont ask me if i want to install postgres.... i uninstalled postgres and also deleted its folder from program files.... there are some postgres files still in my computer if i search them, but my computer wont let me to delete them... (using vista)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Please take a look at this link:

Deinstalling PostgreSQL correctly