Good Poker Players believe in God?

• vikingxprs
      vikingxprs
      Bronze
      I heard some1 say here that .. and i Quote: "Faith in God is a huge bonus."
      Whats up with that? If u like . believe in God and at the same time are a professional poker player .. that just doesnt compute ..

Some scientists think belief in God or whadever higher power is genetic..
      But playin poker and an unrational thing like believing in God just isnt Logical
  • 24 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Don't believe in everything you read on Internet
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I wish I believed in God. Life would be so much easier to understand if I could use her to explain everything. So much harder to be rational. Maybe that's why I'm so bad at poker?
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      everything u might need is somewhere in you,find it and use it
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      everything u might need is somewhere in you,find it and use it
      Beer and crisps.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Daniel Negreanu has already told he has belief in God.

And i don't see why a poker player can't believe in God. That has nothing to do with the game. I'm an atheist btw. But still your statement makes no sense.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Isn't according o church cards are creation of Satan?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM6EoTDMOa2J3qpcLcQI3qhsjRenC9TI8Jy7g7OgIHcqdABDA&t=1&usg=__fQGt5jz0euuLSMZEdINkqjmpypg=[/img]
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Isn't according o church cards are creation of Satan?
      Maybe the catholic church. But they're all fucked up, and we learn that in History class. Can't see people that actually follow a religion who used to 'sold land in heaven'
      :f_biggrin:
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      I belive in God of Poker.
      He decides whether you'll have upswing or downswing and much much more.

Jesus wasn't dead, he just had huuuuge downswing, like sets vs oversets, full house vs poker, poker vs overpoker and so on.
      On 3. day he discovered pokerstrategy, along came the upswing and that's called "the rebirth".

Hope that cleared some stuff about christianity.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by z1pz0r
      I belive in God of Poker.
      He decides whether you'll have upswing or downswing and much much more.

Jesus wasn't dead, he just had huuuuge downswing, like sets vs oversets, full house vs poker, poker vs overpoker and so on.
      On 3. day he discovered pokerstrategy, along came the upswing and that's called "the rebirth".

Hope that cleared some stuff about christianity.
      Wow, i think that after that explanation there's no way i can be an atheist no more. :f_eek:
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      God is out there in the numbers :)
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Thread should be closed.
      Discussion about religions are retarded.

YOu will see why : If religions never existed we would probably have conquered our whole galaxy. They set us back thousands of years.
    • dagarbisa
      dagarbisa
      Basic
      Totally agree with you !!! This thread need to be closed down here only.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I had proffesors at uni who teach econometrics, finance, stuff like that and they believe in God. Kind of strange.

I think i said that believing in God is a big bonus on a discussion about depression. But it is anywhere a bonus. That's because if you have a problem you think there's someone there who helps you, if you are lonely you talk to him (how funny is that?), if you're broke and have cancer you'll go to Heaven, stuff like that. That's why faith makes it all easier. And that's why faith was invented in the first place. To make live livable.

I believe that life has no purpose. Do you think the universe gives a fuck you ever lived and what you did? So my motivation in what i do is that it doesn't matter anyway. So i might as well do something i want.

Anyway, faith=way of explaining something that can't pe understood. Is like giving an ameoba a laptop to surf the net. We can't understand everythink. And if we don't we invent all kind of [avoid saying the word for the purpose of not offending religious persons] to explain it. 3000years ago egiptians had a God for the Sun. Now that we actually know what happenes there who believes that Sun is a God???

Final conclusion: don't waste your time thinking about this things, you are too stupid to understand them. :)
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vikingxprs
      Some scientists think belief in God or whadever higher power is genetic..
      But playin poker and an unrational thing like believing in God just isnt Logical
      1. I like this word "unrational".
      I think you'll find Poker isn't really irrational.
      2. OP just doesn't make sense at all.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      I had proffesors at uni who teach econometrics, finance, stuff like that and they believe in God. Kind of strange.

I think i said that believing in God is a big bonus on a discussion about depression. But it is anywhere a bonus. That's because if you have a problem you think there's someone there who helps you, if you are lonely you talk to him (how funny is that?), if you're broke and have cancer you'll go to Heaven, stuff like that. That's why faith makes it all easier. And that's why faith was invented in the first place. To make live livable.

I believe that life has no purpose. Do you think the universe gives a fuck you ever lived and what you did? So my motivation in what i do is that it doesn't matter anyway. So i might as well do something i want.

Anyway, faith=way of explaining something that can't pe understood. Is like giving an ameoba a laptop to surf the net. We can't understand everythink. And if we don't we invent all kind of [avoid saying the word for the purpose of not offending religious persons] to explain it. 3000years ago egiptians had a God for the Sun. Now that we actually know what happenes there who believes that Sun is a God???

Final conclusion: don't waste your time thinking about this things, you are too stupid to understand them. :)
      +1
    • vikingxprs
      vikingxprs
      Bronze
      i didnt mean 2 make much sense, just thought id start a discussion...

but whatever,
      call other people stupid ..
      pick on their grammar ..
      ask to close threads, say its retarded ..
      quote and +1

i dont care, i just thought id find intelligent and fun people here
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I play poker and I believe in God properly type I go every Sunday to the Church and take part in a church activity during the week and much more.

So, I don't see anything wrong with God and poker in all honesty
      Thx :heart:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      9/11 was baaaaaaaaaaad