[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• Smashie
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,08, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,08, MP2 calls $0,08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,27) 6:spade: , 4:spade: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,18, MP1 calls $0,18, MP2 calls $0,18.

Turn: ($0,81) A:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,41, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,41.

River: ($1,63) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 raises $1,27 (All-In), Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1,63

Refrain from cbetting? And if i cbet, should i cbet turn as well?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Indeed, the board is way too ugly for your hand 3-way, just check/fold it.

As played on the turn it's quite likely at least one of them binked the flush, and if they didn't it's hard for them to call another bet with a worse hand when 1/ the flush got there 2/ an A overcard came. They pretty need hands like pair+spade or combodraws hands to call again, so it's quite close overall.

Generally I base my decision off how hard it's going to be to play the river correctly being out of position and all, the more straightforward the villains the more likely I am to valuebet. Like against players who will raise the turn with a flush a lot, just call with worse hands and not bluff a blank river when checked to, you're golden go ahead and attempt to valuebet it. Against people who are going to raise you on the turn with anything that resemble a combo hand, or are going to just call the turn with flushes and draws alike then jam rivers into you with everything, it's quite gross and I'd prefer to just check and see what happens.

Hope it helps.