[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo CO

• RainbowPonny
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.92 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ad, Js
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) Kh, Ts, 6s (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,12, BB calls $0,12.

Turn: ($0,41) 7d (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,41) Tc (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, BB folds.

Final Pot: $0,61

I raise from CO with AJo. On the flop i bet because i think i can get low PP to fold(since he only calls my pfr). I think some suited connectors that he could have called with will fold this flop too.

When he calls, then checks, I check behind, I can't get better hands to fold anymore since he called the flop. And I really don't think I have the best hand here.

Now when he checks the river I am almost certain that he does not have a strong hand. A really low pocket pair or some kind of missed draw. Otherwise he would have bet this river because of me showing weakness. So I put in a small blockbet, just over pot. If he raises I'll snap-fold, If he calls I probably lose. And if he folds(which i thought he would) I'll win the pot.

I'd need some comments on this game. Now that I see the hand I question my c-bet since his calling range have some broadway cards which hit this flop pretty hard.

What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

The board isn't all that great to c-bet, all broadways hit it and pretty much all suited connectors except the non-spade very low ones hit a piece of it as well. That being said, you're going okay with 2 overcards and a gutshot against most of the low pair hands out there, and you're ahead of most draws as well. So this is certainly a viable spot to c-bet anyway in position provided you play the next streets correctly, except against people who are just raising monkeys. In that case prefer checking back to see a free turn.

The turn make it so that 98 hit the nuts, anything with a pair and a draw isn't folding either which includes many Tx hands, flopped draws usually aren't going anyway either, so generally this is a check back since bet/folding the turn for value against pure draws planning on checking back the river is quite thin when the 7 hits all medium hands.

On the river it depends on the player, most people won't fold any pair to your bet/check/bet line with a river half pot bet once so many draws miss except maybe underpair if he even calls with that on that fugly flop, and you beat QJ, so you're only really trying to get rid of AQ, which even that might call. I'd just check back most of the time, tho if you give him credit for showing up with stuff like 22 and folding 65 to a river bet this is certainly okay.

Hope it helps.
    • RainbowPonny
      Thank you fopr your answer :)