6-max winrate with 2pairs, pairs and high cards

• aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Hi,

Regarding '6-max' tables (edited from 'shorthanded') no-limit. I am wondering if anyone would be able to give some insight about how much a player should be winning or loosing per hand (measured as bb's or BB's/hand) when we look at
      *two pairs
      *pairs
      *high cards

My assumption is that a player should be a winner with 2 pairs, pretty even or slightly loosing with pairs and loosing with high cards.

Tnx for any help,
      :spade: ace wannabe jr
  • 3 replies
    • brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      Your description is just about true for the 7000+ hands I have on poker tracker, but thats playing SSS 10 seated.

Short Handed I would assume the value of high card, single pair increases.
    • aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brett1985
      Your description is just about true for the 7000+ hands I have on poker tracker, but thats playing SSS 10 seated.

Short Handed I would assume the value of high card, single pair increases.
      Hi brett1985,

Thank's for answering. I tend to think it's the contrary. 6max players are required to play more hands and a skilled player knows you should never enter limping.

It seems to me the premium for entering a play is higher creating more micro timespan losses especially with high cards as you also need to be playing with cbets to maintain credibility with really marginal hands - like over cards and almost any single pairs are. Even TPTK is a hand I won't start firing right away with as it is really a potential huge long term losses generator if you try to force opps out by blunt betting with it (believe me... I know :rolleyes: ).

Real Heads up and 3way aka real shorthanded tables is probably where TPTK becomes a strike hand. So... edit: this info is requested for 6max tables instead of hardcore shorthanded.
    • aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Mods... plz remove this accidential quote post.