This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

6-max winrate with 2pairs, pairs and high cards

• aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Hi,

Regarding '6-max' tables (edited from 'shorthanded') no-limit. I am wondering if anyone would be able to give some insight about how much a player should be winning or loosing per hand (measured as bb's or BB's/hand) when we look at
      *two pairs
      *pairs
      *high cards

My assumption is that a player should be a winner with 2 pairs, pretty even or slightly loosing with pairs and loosing with high cards.

Tnx for any help,
      :spade: ace wannabe jr
  • 3 replies
    • brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      Your description is just about true for the 7000+ hands I have on poker tracker, but thats playing SSS 10 seated.

Short Handed I would assume the value of high card, single pair increases.
    • aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brett1985
      Your description is just about true for the 7000+ hands I have on poker tracker, but thats playing SSS 10 seated.

Short Handed I would assume the value of high card, single pair increases.
      Hi brett1985,

Thank's for answering. I tend to think it's the contrary. 6max players are required to play more hands and a skilled player knows you should never enter limping.

It seems to me the premium for entering a play is higher creating more micro timespan losses especially with high cards as you also need to be playing with cbets to maintain credibility with really marginal hands - like over cards and almost any single pairs are. Even TPTK is a hand I won't start firing right away with as it is really a potential huge long term losses generator if you try to force opps out by blunt betting with it (believe me... I know :rolleyes: ).

Real Heads up and 3way aka real shorthanded tables is probably where TPTK becomes a strike hand. So... edit: this info is requested for 6max tables instead of hardcore shorthanded.
    • aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Mods... plz remove this accidential quote post.