[NL2-NL10] 3bet UTG insta jams? KK

• karmi
      Just moved up to NL10, combining my William Hill and Full Tilt Bankroll ($387 atm!) - just wondering HOW standard this hand is? I know it looks so easy, kings pre, but a guy insta shoves after I 3bet him? I tank call because previous hand I cbet into a dry board with AQ ($0.75 into $1.20ish) and get re raised to $4 by same player.. hence the lengthy call.. is an insta 4bet shove a fold with kings here ever at NL10 without specific reads? Villain was 38/25 over just 17 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.50, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 raises to $11.92, Hero calls $8.50.

Flop: ($21.97) Q, 6, 7 (2 players)

Turn: ($21.97) 7 (2 players)

River: ($21.97) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.97.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens(K K).
      MP2 shows two pairs, queens and sevens(A Q).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sevens(K K).

My MAJOR leaks whilst I have been grinding up till now are primarily AK / QQ AI preflop; so have been working on my ranges. Have tightened up a hell of a lot, would you say KK/AA pre are shoveable pretty much 100% of the time @ 10NL with few exceptions? It just seems to eat in my win rate when some nights everytime I get it in with kings I am up against aces.

Whilst im here, anyway to work on non showdown winnings? I have noticed sessions where I play less tables (I like to sit at 4 tables and improve my game sometimes) my nonSD winnings are +, whereas multitabling 10+ my nonSD winnings (redline!) is horrible; yet still winning with showdown winnings although not such a large winrate. Only played about 10k hands on FTP and running about 3bb/100 NL5/NL10 and a lot of that is to a major tilty day (-$15ish, which is 300bbs!). Win rate on William Hill is a lot higher over a slightly larger sample although that's probably down to my rungood formula with $70+ sessions @ NL5! Plus I think FTP NL5/10 do actually have all round better players (in general).

Still have a lot to learn but will keep on slugging, major issue is preflop QQ/JJ/10s + AK potential overplaying and running into larger hands. As long as the KK hand is standard, I am happy for now.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Hi Karmi,

KK 6-handed you shouldn´t really fold, since as you see they are shoving there wider range than your second nuts :)

Whilst im here, anyway to work on non showdown winnings?
      - don´t afraid to valuebet if you think you have the best hand. if you´re comfortable b/f turns or rivers even if scared card comes, then I´d suggest doing that. Don´t 3-bet too much weaker hands, like Axs or suited connectors. You need to know when to barrel on which cards and what type of opponents would fold. It is much easier to play AK in 3-bet pot than for example AJ. So better keep your 3-bet range tight and let other players to make mistakes by calling too wide

Gl at the tables
    • jhustincase
      i d call faster than he shove if i know he is capable of big raises and fishy player