Losing cash game player.. Please help

• SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I posted in the general discussions forum, and was suggested that I post in here for some assistance.

Basically, I am not winning money in Cash games, all my profit is coming from MTTs.

Something I notice way out of whack in my stats is that I am ALWAYS -EV.. everyday!

Here are my stats for the month of October.

Short Handed - NL50 (for the most part)
      Hands: 17,000
      VPIP: 20.7
      PFR: 14.4
      3bet: 6.2
      AGG: 2.64
      WTSD%: 26.7
      W$SD%: 44.8 (I believe this is a big problem as well...)

Any tips or suggestions you guys can provide based on my stats, where I may be leaking and such, would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,
      Jeff
  • 11 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      at first glance the difference between VPIP and PFR looks a little wide. you're calling a bit too much
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Quit Cashgames and play MTT?
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Thanks! I just noticed that too... I will look into why that is.

Thanks for your useless comment... I dont always have 4+hrs to play MTT
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Was being honest but ok. SNGs are more like MTTs which don't 4hrs.
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Sorry Kyle, when I said MTT I meant like Guaranteeds.. like a $1,500 guaranteed and stuff.. usually 150-300 people where I play. I seem to cash those about 65% of the time... 5% probably in the top 3.. so it pays pretty well. But they do take quite a bit of time to complete, and when you run dry in them, its tough to commit such an amount of time to no winnings.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Win more at showdown imo!

Nah, but srsly, there's not much to say about these stats and sample is small. You might be just running bad, you might be calling where you should fold or folding where you should call etc etc, nothing constructive to say from these stats, analize hands instead imo.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It's like Nightfrost says. You can't assume much with little stats and detailed analysis of your game.
      You could of played 1/2 of your sessions in a bad mindframe and just make silly mistakes.
      You could be running bad.
      You could be playing at a to high limit like NL50 where the opponents start to get tougher and more regs imo so your just not beating it/good enough yet.
      Maybe drop down to a lower lvl even though your Bankroll might be able to handle higher BIs.

Sample size/stats/not knowing how much you know about the game just isn't enough to give you an insight on "why" your losing money.

6-10 handed SnGs might be an option when you have little time to work around because it's the same format of game.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Quit poker?
      FYP :tongue:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Quit poker?
      FYP :tongue:
      PokerStrategy.com will save him before that happens ;)
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Thanks to all that have provided constructive help. I didnt come here and post up to be made fun of and told to quit playing poker etc... Your opinion is worthless to me, keep it to yourself.

Spent some time last night analyzing my play and stats found the following:
      - Firing too many cbets
      - Not 3betting in position enough, too much OOP
      - Put more value on suited connectors IP
      - Adding chk raise and overbets to my play
      - Instead of battling for pots where I hold little equity, dump it early and move on to a better spot (I was firing 2 - 3 barrels with hands that had little to no showdown value, trying to save face)

By addressing these 4 items only, I have now played 4 1hr seesions +EV and shown great profit!

Now off to read some of Harrington on Cash Games (heard its a great read), Watch a couple videos and review hands.. then back for another couple grind sessions
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Great to here. Keep analysing and it will all come together and you will win moniezzzz. :) GL