Feedback Thread: Beginner Quiz (1) - NL Fullring

• 16 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      33/36 - My best score on a quiz so far :)
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I liked it. Keep them coming!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      what aboout question 5? I chose to push because there I assumed CO might have called with Tx and BU raise with AT, JJ, QQ or who knows maybe even with worse hand.

So if I put them on such ranges

CO 77+,22,33,Tx
      BU 22,33,TT+,AT

I get 39% equity.

But if according to stack sizes we assume that they are good players, then of course we must give them credit.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Question 5:

I don't play NL10 yet, hope I will by the end of month (BR=$240,00), but on NL2 and NL4/5 I would push it. Many of those players would play like this with JJ, QQ, high T, even OESD and A gutshot, and what's more important all of them would call my push.
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      Question 4

Check/call would be okay in theory, but you will be out of position and up against two villains, making this spot more tricky than necessary. Check/call would open the door to potentially expensive mistakes on turn and river.

Could someone explain this for me?

Question 5

I chose to push too.
    • shyshen
      shyshen
      Bronze
      Nice quiz 27 answered right :D I love this kinds of tets where at the end i can see the results and compare them ... !!
      I learned a lot today .. !!

Thanks !
    • 3HdedMonkey
      3HdedMonkey
      Bronze
      ty for this test. I want more! :D
    • pandich
      pandich
      Bronze
      Muy bueno el test. Me encanto lo de la tabla con la equity. Quiero más de estos test, que aunque aprobado por los pelos me ha reportado y me reportara mucho en mi juego.

Saludos.
    • clarksoft
      clarksoft
      Bronze
      I like this test..
      I agreed all but Question11 no.

I believe villain has A10, don't you think?
      Villain already knows hero have A, so he waits for two pairs, and get it in the river.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      36/36

First quiz I have got full marks on I think! :f_cool:
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      30/36

Disagree with 11-th explanation. Good explanation in theory, but on NL10 nowdays you will never see bluffs. Bluff 4$ in 12.5$ pot when I raised prefop and bet 2 streets? come on! Donkbet on river is screaming -- Im scared you will check behind.

In reality what he could call with after PF 3-bet? Most likely pockets + AQx. In AQ+ :heart: case it makes no sense push into most likely AA, AQ+ when you are almost sure you have no fold equity.
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      27/ but i disagree on #8
      BU range is wide, they all open like 60+%.
      AJs is too good for 3betting as a bluff , you`re ahead of BU`s openraise range.
      Althou calling to see postflop reaction is good for 1-2 points because you`ll be kinda blind, having no thoughts about his hand.
      I totally disagree with 3betting as a semibluff.
      Please reconsider
      Best regards,
      shinerseb
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      It depends if the villain range is wide when he tries to steal the blinds is very good to raise to appear as a resteal especially if your image is a sick bluffing one he may think you do this with 38 off and maybe reraise you raise and then you might come with this __ i know that he knows that i know :s_confused: and so forth it depends on the level of playing, thinking the leveling

also it depends on many factors LIKE ahmmmm luck :D
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      for number 8 question also a call is good but it depends , maybe he is a bluffer and disguises this as a bluff when in fact he has a monster like kk or QQ
      POKER PSICHOLOGY IS SO FENOMENAL IF YOU THINK A BIT OUTSIDE THE BOX
    • joejoemrjoe
      joejoemrjoe
      Bronze
      Maybe this is a stupid question, but why does hero only have one card (a jack) in questions 8 - 10?
    • radujunior1989RNMD
      radujunior1989RNMD
      Bronze
      I agree with you , after that it says that you have two overcards and i can only see a J of diamonds. obviously i missed the answers. and question nr 11 has a missing card on the flop. this makes me so angry even though it's just a quiz