This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Feedback Thread: Beginner Quiz (1) - NL Fullring

• 16 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      33/36 - My best score on a quiz so far :)
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I liked it. Keep them coming!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      what aboout question 5? I chose to push because there I assumed CO might have called with Tx and BU raise with AT, JJ, QQ or who knows maybe even with worse hand.

So if I put them on such ranges

CO 77+,22,33,Tx
      BU 22,33,TT+,AT

I get 39% equity.

But if according to stack sizes we assume that they are good players, then of course we must give them credit.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Question 5:

I don't play NL10 yet, hope I will by the end of month (BR=$240,00), but on NL2 and NL4/5 I would push it. Many of those players would play like this with JJ, QQ, high T, even OESD and A gutshot, and what's more important all of them would call my push.
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      Question 4

Check/call would be okay in theory, but you will be out of position and up against two villains, making this spot more tricky than necessary. Check/call would open the door to potentially expensive mistakes on turn and river.

Could someone explain this for me?

Question 5

I chose to push too.
    • shyshen
      shyshen
      Bronze
      Nice quiz 27 answered right :D I love this kinds of tets where at the end i can see the results and compare them ... !!
      I learned a lot today .. !!

Thanks !
    • 3HdedMonkey
      3HdedMonkey
      Bronze
      ty for this test. I want more! :D
    • pandich
      pandich
      Bronze
      Muy bueno el test. Me encanto lo de la tabla con la equity. Quiero más de estos test, que aunque aprobado por los pelos me ha reportado y me reportara mucho en mi juego.

Saludos.
    • clarksoft
      clarksoft
      Bronze
      I like this test..
      I agreed all but Question11 no.

I believe villain has A10, don't you think?
      Villain already knows hero have A, so he waits for two pairs, and get it in the river.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      36/36

First quiz I have got full marks on I think! :f_cool:
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      30/36

Disagree with 11-th explanation. Good explanation in theory, but on NL10 nowdays you will never see bluffs. Bluff 4$ in 12.5$ pot when I raised prefop and bet 2 streets? come on! Donkbet on river is screaming -- Im scared you will check behind.

In reality what he could call with after PF 3-bet? Most likely pockets + AQx. In AQ+ :heart: case it makes no sense push into most likely AA, AQ+ when you are almost sure you have no fold equity.
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Bronze
      27/ but i disagree on #8
      BU range is wide, they all open like 60+%.
      AJs is too good for 3betting as a bluff , you`re ahead of BU`s openraise range.
      Althou calling to see postflop reaction is good for 1-2 points because you`ll be kinda blind, having no thoughts about his hand.
      I totally disagree with 3betting as a semibluff.
      Please reconsider
      Best regards,
      shinerseb
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      It depends if the villain range is wide when he tries to steal the blinds is very good to raise to appear as a resteal especially if your image is a sick bluffing one he may think you do this with 38 off and maybe reraise you raise and then you might come with this __ i know that he knows that i know :s_confused: and so forth it depends on the level of playing, thinking the leveling

also it depends on many factors LIKE ahmmmm luck :D
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      for number 8 question also a call is good but it depends , maybe he is a bluffer and disguises this as a bluff when in fact he has a monster like kk or QQ
      POKER PSICHOLOGY IS SO FENOMENAL IF YOU THINK A BIT OUTSIDE THE BOX
    • joejoemrjoe
      joejoemrjoe
      Bronze
      Maybe this is a stupid question, but why does hero only have one card (a jack) in questions 8 - 10?
    • radujunior1989RNMD
      radujunior1989RNMD
      Bronze
      I agree with you , after that it says that you have two overcards and i can only see a J of diamonds. obviously i missed the answers. and question nr 11 has a missing card on the flop. this makes me so angry even though it's just a quiz