Rakeback

• twinn1
      twinn1
      Silver
      Hello,

i play poker at 888poker.com. At this site is VIP system and as silver member i get 4% of rakeback (if i understood the system). Next month i will be probably gold player with 9% rakeback. At this moment i rake in october about $427 at NL30. Should i change a poker site? Which site do your prefer? (i read about FullTilt poker with 27% rakeback.) I think the VIP system is not good for micro/low stakes players.

Thanks for your answers.
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi twinn1,

If your figures are correct which I'm sure they probably are, then on paper you would receive more rb at somewhere like Full Tilt with a headline 27% rb.

Just wanted to point out that this isn't the whole story though. You need to think carefully about what would be best for you.

Sometimes playing on a site with fishier players is more +ve than the combined effects of rb alone. Also you need to consider a software which your happy with and find easy to use, what traffic levels you can expect at your limits (ok, so this probably isn't a problem at the big rooms like Full Tilt, but you know what I mean).

Obviously the choice is yours, but you could always try out another room and benefit from the PokerStrategy first deposit bonus (if not already benefited) and see how you get on. Just a thought.
      Nothing stopping you from continuing to play 888 as well as another or continuing to play the bulk of your poker on 888.

Good luck with whatever you decide, let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • twinn1
      twinn1
      Silver
      Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I know that rakeback is not everything and so i'd like know something about players skills at my limit (NL25(30)/50 SH - i am not sure at this moment which limits are at FT). At 888poker is most of time at table one (max. 2) fish and other players are regulars and i play with them everyday.
      FT software looks better than 888pokers.

I have no expericence with rakeback and big poker sites so i will be happy for every recommendation :)

Thanks for every feedback.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by twinn1
      Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I know that rakeback is not everything and so i'd like know something about players skills at my limit (NL25(30)/50 SH - i am not sure at this moment which limits are at FT). At 888poker is most of time at table one (max. 2) fish and other players are regulars and i play with them everyday.
      FT software looks better than 888pokers.

I have no expericence with rakeback and big poker sites so i will be happy for every recommendation :)

Thanks for every feedback.
      Spend a lot of time looking at rakeback, it will be a huge factor in whether or not you become a winning player. At Pokerstars I think it counts as 0.8BB/100 even at lower limits their FPP system which is really significant. :f_biggrin: