FLOP ($4.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

TURN ($10.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

RIVER ($21.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $10.75, BTN folds

Hero shows K:diamond: K:club:

villain 17/9/1, 408 hands
      I guess we can give villain a range to call our cb on the flop of: {Tx, over cards with :diamond: low and medium pocket pairs, a few made flushes and some random floats} since without a made hand or :diamond: in our hand we will have to check/fold a lot on the turn.

we can of course continued to fire on the turn, but I think it may be quite hard to get called by worse hands - but I'm not sure? I don't think our hand is strong enough to check raise for value.

Should we also check the river? although that would be consistent with turnplay, I felt like we were almost certainly ahead now and that we could maybe get some value from Tx/made flushes/medium pocket pair that will most likely check behind if we check.

what do you think?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would generally just go 3 streets for value, since he would very often call once again with flushdraw or Tx and if he ahs any pair I think he would clal you down
      As played: check river is better. He would bet there tx, missed flushdraws and you can profitable c/rai him on the river and maybe even get light call from Tx