This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 KK - monochrome board with fd vs reg

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($46.75)
      BB ($20.85)
      UTG ($50)
      Hero ($55.35)
      CO ($50.50)
      BTN ($50.25)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, BTN calls $1.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

TURN ($10.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

RIVER ($21.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $10.75, BTN folds

Hero shows K:diamond: K:club:

villain 17/9/1, 408 hands
      I guess we can give villain a range to call our cb on the flop of: {Tx, over cards with :diamond: low and medium pocket pairs, a few made flushes and some random floats} since without a made hand or :diamond: in our hand we will have to check/fold a lot on the turn.

we can of course continued to fire on the turn, but I think it may be quite hard to get called by worse hands - but I'm not sure? I don't think our hand is strong enough to check raise for value.

Should we also check the river? although that would be consistent with turnplay, I felt like we were almost certainly ahead now and that we could maybe get some value from Tx/made flushes/medium pocket pair that will most likely check behind if we check.

what do you think?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would generally just go 3 streets for value, since he would very often call once again with flushdraw or Tx and if he ahs any pair I think he would clal you down
      As played: check river is better. He would bet there tx, missed flushdraws and you can profitable c/rai him on the river and maybe even get light call from Tx