UTG ($1.46)
      UTG+1 ($3.11)
      UTG+2 ($2.03)
      MP1 ($0.85)
      MP2 ($2.24) 30/16/1/ 57 hands
      CO ($0.70)
      Hero ($2.08)

Dealt to Hero 4:heart: 4:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.09, fold, Hero calls $0.09, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.23) K:diamond: 5:spade: 3:heart:

MP2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.23) K:diamond: 5:spade: 3:heart: 6:club:

MP2 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

RIVER ($0.51) K:diamond: 5:spade: 3:heart: 6:club: 8:club:

MP2 checks, Hero checks
  • 4 replies
    • karmi
      karmi
      Bronze
      Just thought I'd throw my two cents in on here, may well be I am misplaying these sort of hands as well, but having moved up the ranks from NL2 then 5 and now NL10 6max my game style may differ entirely considering this is a full ring hand. Obviously from the villain's line in this hand he's a pretty poor player, raising MP2 and having to play out of position without even a cbet which would get you off a large majority of your cold calling range.

Certainly if I were to play this hand in your situation in full ring (depending on situation) it'd be:

1) Depends on stack sizes, but I would usually require at least 2-3 players in the pot reasonably deep ie 90-100 BBs to even consider flat calling with 44 here.
      2) 3bet having position on villain for either a fold or if he calls and checks to you obviously bet a decent amount (at NL2 your cbet sizing DOES NOT MATTER AS MUCH ie you can bet 0.29 into 0.45 or 0.38 and you'll achieve the same sort of cbet success%).. obv if you flop a set/some sort of hand its different. There are so many lines you can take with this hand if you always play cautiously. Avoid 2-3 barreling low missed pairs like this; was one of my major leaks. Barrel Barrel value bet bluffing river certainly makes you feel good when you do, but in the long run its situational!

3) Fold is fine if your mass tabling and facing a single raise with a pair. Or fold 60% of the time, make plays rest of the time. Mix up your game.. set mining at NL2 where people stack off with middle pair constantly is not your highest priority.

Really depends, having never played full ring I am not entirely sure how best to play this hand. The more callers the better though obviously, the more in the pot the better your odds for a set! And if you miss in a 5 way pot paying $0.10c to get in.. in the long run it'll still be profitable!

If your grinding NL2 my best advice; complete solid ABC poker; always get a reasonable price on your calls/raises, know when a cbet is not appropriate and simply value bet your heart out. Its amazing how players at this limit seem to think they are Tom Dwan and 4bet stack off with 8 high against your overpair/set/tptk.. Just remember; calling and going to showdown is one way to win a pot.. but betting gives you two! Always look for good spots to get money in the pot when YOU have the best hand or SHOULD have the best hand and you'll be crushing the micro's in no time!

Good luck mate!
    • psydreamer
      psydreamer
      Bronze
      don't know if it make sense but i call turn because i had OESD and a pair
      can u believe he was actually slow playing set of kings
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I think I'd play the same, 44 may still win and you still have OESD. What a poorly played set btw...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would generally always call pp-s ip unless I know players are really squeeze happy on the blinds. you invest 9 cents to win 2$, seems quite good risk/award ratio to me :)
      Postflop I´d c-bet and give up the hand. he is going to c/f there sometimes hand that has quite a lot of equity to you and you can´t really call him down when he decides to bet turn and river, so best keep initiative yourself on the flop
      Turn and river are fine