Account Suspended...help please

• SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I just joined PokerStrategy today as I thought It'd be a useful site..

To sign up I obviously had to make a new account on one of the poker rooms. I chose FTP because I already had the software installed. Everything processed fine.

I've been playing for a while today and I just transferred my funds from my original FTP account to the new one..

Yes I hadn't realised that this would be counted as multi-accounting and I didn't even think of it.

I thought I'd just stop playing on my other account and only use the one associated with PS.

So now FTP have emailed me saying that my account has been suspended and I need to provide proof of identity and address etc?

Before I reply should I provide an explanation? My addresses are different on both accounts at the moment

Thanks for any help!
  • 26 replies
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      I guess I'd explain support the truth... doesn't mean they will ever forgive you, but there's nothing else you can do.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi SamThomas,

I would send an explanation at the same time as your ID proof. They will need both before reactivating your account.

Assuming that they do reactive you, it will likely be your old (original) account. Unfortunately there is no way that we can retrack existing accounts.

Just explain in a calm, polite & of course truthful way and good luck.

Best regards,

Bart
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Thanks for the response.

Hm well my old account has not been suspended, and in any case it's of no use to me now anyway because it has no money in it...

I didn't make the new account for the 100% bonus anyway, I only needed the new account for this site and so I thought I'd make sense for me to transfer everything into one account.

Do you think I should mention this site in my response?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      You can, but it is highly unlikely that it will make any difference.

Unfortunately, as you've indicated yourself, setting up a new account in an attempt to get retracked is also against their T&C's and something they do clamp down on.
      Sadly, all members have old untracked accounts with various platforms, myself included. Nothing we can do at the moment, it's totally at the descretion of each poker platform.

If you ask for their help, I'm sure they will transfer money back into your original account (after your Id check of course).

Let us know how you get on ;)

Bart
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      your best bet is to explain the complete truth

with luck they will transfer the money back to your original account and suspend the new one.

This is your best bet.

If they in doubt you risk to have both account suspended and any funds lost.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      My guess is, if you provide their ID check as requested, and a truthful explanation what follows will be:

1. They MAY transfer the money you moved from your old account.
      2. They remove your new account, including the $50 starting capital from PS.
    • TinovderLaan
      TinovderLaan
      Bronze
      I actually have a similar problem. My current account is also a second account after I came across this site. I played a couple of hours with the other account, I think, in total. Not sure.

What do you recommend me to do? Contact their support team and explain the situation? Something else?
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

As Bart already wrote it is not allowed to open a second account on Full Tilt Poker. Please contact their customer support and explain the situation. They will detect the first account anyway.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Hm I think what Ill do today is send the ID today and then wait for a response as they haven't asked for an explanation yet...

You would think that they could see that there's no money in the original account, therefore I'm not colluding etc.

The reason I think I've been suspended is because I tried depositing money using the same bank card as I used with the first account, and I logged in using the same IP when I transferred.

I was thinking of saying the other account was a relatives?

Hm this is so much hassle! I definitely moving to a different site after this...Most annoyingly is that I've probably lost that $50 and the original $30 that was in there
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by SamThomas
      Hm I think what Ill do today is send the ID today and then wait for a response as they haven't asked for an explanation yet...

You would think that they could see that there's no money in the original account, therefore I'm not colluding etc.

The reason I think I've been suspended is because I tried depositing money using the same bank card as I used with the first account, and I logged in using the same IP when I transferred.

I was thinking of saying the other account was a relatives?

Hm this is so much hassle! I definitely moving to a different site after this...Most annoyingly is that I've probably lost that $50 and the original $30 that was in there
      If you are truthfull 9 times out of 10 fulltilt will let you keep your first account.
      If you hide things they will ban you for life
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      i had the same problem with pokerstars when i first joined pokerstrategy. I had already an acc there and created a new one to get tracked from the pokerstrategy. Didnt know it was illegal. I had first contacted pokerstrategy about that and they told me to talk with pokerstars.I sent a mail to pokerstrars with the truth (allthought my account wasnt banned yet) and they just closed the second account and transfered any money/fpps i had to the first one .Sayin the truth cant do any harm, avoiding to tell allthough can only harm you :D
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      Okay well I just sent a passport copy and council tax certification with my address on. Couldn't find a recent bank statement as it's all online now!

I decided not to provide any excuses yet as they said they'd update me after documentation.

Hm Ill probably have to sign up to a new poker room after this, other wise I wont recieve any PS points, right? Any suggestions as to what poker room?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      you do realise that you are trying to defraud fulltilt and they will ban you!

If I was you I would check/fold life rather than find another site
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      clearly you havent read the previous posts.

dont come here to try and start an argument. Jog on
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      by with holding infomation you are trying to defraud them...FACT

You may think I am being harsh but you know it is wrong and against the T&C but are going to try it anyway so you clearly do not have the brains to be a poker player
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      haha idiot. Im not withholding information. They haven't asked for the information. If I hadnt come on this site I wouldn't have known they'd ask for anything else.

Clearly you do not have the brains to be a poker player if you give everyone info for free!
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      well you clearly are :D

You know you have two accounts and you know that it is against the T&C
      Is that a little too hard to understand?
    • SamThomas
      SamThomas
      Bronze
      pmt today is it?

Well thank you for your input lennonac. There is no point continuing this conversation with you as you havent read this thread properly.

Dont come on to a forum looking for an argument. Acting like a 12 year old.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I have read it, you didnt realise it was wrong but NOW you do and are trying to fool fulltilt...good luck with that :f_biggrin:

I don't mind if you think im 12 or an idiot, I love the fact that you clearly are challenged by this simple process....

1. pass the quiz
      cool I did it :heart:

2. Sign up for a site that I dont have an account with as CLEARLY stated by pokerstrategy
      I have an account with fulltilt so I will pick that one :f_biggrin: FAIL

3. I will make a thread about it :heart:
      Everyone is telling me I am breaking the rules and should be honest otherwise I will get banned.

4. I will ignor everyone and continue to try and keep my second account even though I know it is wrong and they will close my account
      :f_biggrin: FAIL