Elephant set-up - Database problem - Help needed!!

• SkamanVN
      SkamanVN
      Bronze
      I installed Elephant since I finally got the PS points for the license. I was running PockerTracker3 (trial) and Holdem Manager (trial) before without any problem, the database was working fine. I also run Elephant without license some months ago but uninstalled it since (it run fine at this time).
      When I installed Elephant today I couldn't enter the registration key since the window to do it was always behind the first window. I upgraded to version 0.92 and could register the software, but then it crashed as soon as I run it every time i tried. I uninstalled version 0.92 and install version 0.90 again. This time it worked but i always get the message "Connection to database NOT successfull! etc." twice. Then Elephant started. When I tried to manage the database it didn't work ("failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1"). I looked on the forum and uninstalled PostgreSQL. I uninstalled Elephant and reinstall it, and then run the Postgresql-8.3 file from the Elephant folder. Then i got the message "secondary logon service not running" and impossible to go further.
      Could someone explain how to install Elephant properly and connect it to the database??? I am stuck now...

Thanks in advance.
  • 5 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey SkamanVN,

are you stuck with the error "secondary logon service not running"?

If so, please start the service called "secondary logon" via your control panel.

Otherwise I would recommend uninstalling everything again. After that you have to look or folders and files which possibly haven't been removed by the uninstaller.

Try to create a clean installation for both the elephant and postgresql.
    • SkamanVN
      SkamanVN
      Bronze
      Thanks mrk1988 for the quick reply.

I started the service and could install postgreSQL. But when i started Elephant I still had the message "the connection to the databse is NOT successfull" twice and when trying to manage the database I had "failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" again. So, i am one step further, but still stuck...
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Maybe your Firewall / Anti virus is blocking the connection?

Please open pgAdmin (if not installed: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/) and try to connect to your database.
    • SkamanVN
      SkamanVN
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply.
      I re-installed one more time postgresql following batman post on the subject, and this time, without anything new it worked?!?! so now I have the database set-up and could import all my hands.
      Unfortunaltely I am mostly playing MTT and it seems the HUD doesn't work for MTT ;(
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey,

we do not support a SNG / MTT Hud as of yet. This will be implemented in an upcomming release. Please check http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com for updates on this matter.