This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Elephant set-up - Database problem - Help needed!!

• SkamanVN
      SkamanVN
      Bronze
      I installed Elephant since I finally got the PS points for the license. I was running PockerTracker3 (trial) and Holdem Manager (trial) before without any problem, the database was working fine. I also run Elephant without license some months ago but uninstalled it since (it run fine at this time).
      When I installed Elephant today I couldn't enter the registration key since the window to do it was always behind the first window. I upgraded to version 0.92 and could register the software, but then it crashed as soon as I run it every time i tried. I uninstalled version 0.92 and install version 0.90 again. This time it worked but i always get the message "Connection to database NOT successfull! etc." twice. Then Elephant started. When I tried to manage the database it didn't work ("failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1"). I looked on the forum and uninstalled PostgreSQL. I uninstalled Elephant and reinstall it, and then run the Postgresql-8.3 file from the Elephant folder. Then i got the message "secondary logon service not running" and impossible to go further.
      Could someone explain how to install Elephant properly and connect it to the database??? I am stuck now...

Thanks in advance.
  • 5 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey SkamanVN,

are you stuck with the error "secondary logon service not running"?

If so, please start the service called "secondary logon" via your control panel.

Otherwise I would recommend uninstalling everything again. After that you have to look or folders and files which possibly haven't been removed by the uninstaller.

Try to create a clean installation for both the elephant and postgresql.
    • SkamanVN
      SkamanVN
      Bronze
      Thanks mrk1988 for the quick reply.

I started the service and could install postgreSQL. But when i started Elephant I still had the message "the connection to the databse is NOT successfull" twice and when trying to manage the database I had "failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" again. So, i am one step further, but still stuck...
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Maybe your Firewall / Anti virus is blocking the connection?

Please open pgAdmin (if not installed: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/) and try to connect to your database.
    • SkamanVN
      SkamanVN
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply.
      I re-installed one more time postgresql following batman post on the subject, and this time, without anything new it worked?!?! so now I have the database set-up and could import all my hands.
      Unfortunaltely I am mostly playing MTT and it seems the HUD doesn't work for MTT ;(
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey,

we do not support a SNG / MTT Hud as of yet. This will be implemented in an upcomming release. Please check http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com for updates on this matter.