how to beat play money table at

• 6 replies
    • EagleStar88
      Hi JHTAN,

We don't actually have any play money strategy, but you could of course use the standard proven real money strategy.

The only trouble with play money is that people can reload their chips for free all the time and so you just get people playing any two cards.
      The variance on these would be immense as you will almost always be up against 3 or 4 callers.

Unless you really enjoy playing it just for recreation, we would always recommend that you play real money instead where the play is more predictable and of course profitable.

Best regards,

• opal99

although i more or less agree with Bart's diplomatic answer I feel i need to say something:

DO NOT PLAY THAT! :f_biggrin:

Seriously; it has nothing to do with poker, so:
      - you wont learn anything helpful to play for real money
      - you wont get anything for your invested time
      - you're missing all the funny aspects of poker if there's nothing to play for (and there's nothing for 90% of play money players)

Even freerolls are more "poker" than this because there's something to be won..

just my 2cents ;)

PS: if you want to spend your time with some online game, MMORPG wont hurt your real poker skills that much..
    • Helipacter
      I started on play money - and it's awful. People just keep raising with anything, and they keep playing until they bust out. You learn pretty much nothing.

Seriously, deposit $10 and play for $0.02/$0.04 cash games or $1 Sit n Gos... play money is just a waste of time - unless you're completely new and you need to know the hand ranks...
    • Tiffy2
      "unless you're completely new and you need to know the hand ranks... "

I think this is important. If you really, truly, are completely new to poker and have, literally, never played poker before, then you need the play money tables to learn the basics.
    • fuzzyfish
      Facebooks play money tables are really tough. The edge that you have on your opponent is really tiny. It takes a lot of work and commitment but if you keep improving your game, finding leaks and new ways to outplay your opponents, it's beatable :f_biggrin:

No, but really. Facebook seems to resemble poker a bit more than poker rooms play money tables because people are trying to accumulate points and stuff to impress their classmates.
    • Kikser1214
      I play them when configuring table ninja, or trying new games like draws or something. But don't play to win there!!!!!!!!! ?(