$2.26
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $4.12
      BU (Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6, 6.
      MP1 posts deadblind, UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 7, 2, 6 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB calls $0.04, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.2) A (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12, MP1 folds.

River: ($0.44) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB raises to $1.55, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.72.
  • 6 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pot the flop, pot the turn.

As played on the river it's fine, 4x is somewhat likely and villain could easily have slowplayed a flush on the turn, we don't beat much of anything he can raise for value there unless he's way overplaying something like two pairs.

Hope it helps.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Personally id raise preflop.. there's no reason to limp on the button when you obv have the best hand and you can pick up the dead money right there. And you also built yourself a nice pot if you get called.
    • BigBetBilly
      BigBetBilly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Personally id raise preflop.. there's no reason to limp on the button when you obv have the best hand and you can pick up the dead money right there. And you also built yourself a nice pot if you get called.
      cant reli see your justification of me having the strongest hand, please explain.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigBetBilly
      cant reli see your justification of me having the strongest hand, please explain.
      Against MP1 that posted the big blind out of position, you have 63% equity (his range is 100%).
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigBetBilly
      Well it's folded to you, MP1 checks, you are on the button with a pocket pair. I dont see MP1 checking bigger pocket pair than yours, so you have to worry about only 2 people in the blinds. There is not a big chance of them having a higher pocket pair as well. And like i said, you also build nice pot by raising.

Personally i almost never limp, so i was surprised to see somebody limping PP on the button with all the dead money in the middle.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raising is certainly fine, you stand to have the best hand most of the time, and even if MP1 limp/calls it's not the end of the world, he'll have a very weak range that you can take him of off on most flops assuming you don't mind turning your 66 into a bluff when it yields not real value. That's my go-to option, like most people.

That said considering both SB and BB are somewhat short and hence probably fishy, depending on how loose they are it's likely that one of them or both of them call, making MP1 more likely to stick around, resulting in you playing 66 3-way or 4-way, which is a lot worse when it comes to trying to win the pot with an underpair. If BB is loose/aggressive he could do something like jam over your isoraise as well.

So the looser the halfstackers behind Hero, the fastest it can turn out really ugly after raising, while limping gives you the opportunity to see a flop against 3 bad players, any of whom will probably overplay a top pair enough that you'll get a lot of money in when you flop a set, which makes limping a decent trade-off.

Hope it helps.