[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Co 88

• nuxia
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) 2, 6, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.19) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.12, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.19.

Villian Stats:
      VPIP: 20
      PFR: 3
      AGF: 2
      Hands: 31

I think I should have firstly raised preflop and also raised the flop right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

You should for sure raise preflop to isolate the bad limper, he check/call with a ton of stuff that you'll still be ahead of on most flops so it's a very profitable spot for us in position.

As played on the flop there are different ways to play it, if he has nothing raising when he's bluffing isn't too appealing unless you think he'll bet/call overcards. If he has a pair on that board he'll still check/call turn and river when an overcard come unless you make it huge. Honestly I'd just call more often than not and reevaluate on the turn, 20/3 guys aren't bluffing too often on average and they generally suck at valuebetting small pairs too, so if he's indeed betting a small bet I don't really want to spook him, and if he's not, we'll catch his few bluffs with our hand and avoid getting 3bet if he has a huge hand.

When he continues to bet on the A turn that should be scary to most of his hands we beat it's up to you, either he's still capable of pulling some bluffs and you can call one more time, or you can take the safe route against a guy who's seemingly not very aggressive and fold.

Hope it helps.