[NL2-NL10] AQs from MP2

• Alficor1
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,20, 5 folds, MP1 raises to $0,35, Hero calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,77) A:heart: , K:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,4, MP1 raises to $0,80, Hero calls $0,40.

Turn: ($2,37) Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2,43 (All-In), Hero calls $2,43.

River: ($7,23) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7,23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows two-pair, aces and kings (As Kh)
      Hero shows (Ad Qd)

MP1 wins with two-pair, aces and kings (As Kh)

I was 100% sure he didnt have a ten, but i still think that i made a stupid call on the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Honestly I think it might even be a fold on the flop. When a 38/4 limp/min3bet you and check/minraises AKJr, the bulk of his range is sets. The only way you justify not pitching it right there is if you have reasons to believe he can play stuff like QQ/TT this way on the flop, which I doubt, or totally spazz out with a random Ax preflop and overplay top pair, which isn't too likely either.

Against everything else you only have a gutshot as far as clean outs are concerned, which you have about 8% chance of hitting on the turn since he'll rarely let you see a river for free. And even if you hit it, he'll be redrawing to a full house which ensures you don't win the pot all the time anyway.

As played I'd play the turn as well I believed he was nuts enough to have had a bad Ax hand all the way, which I don't. We beat pretty much nothing else.

Hope it helps.