$2,03
      MP3:
      $7,5
      CO:
      $5
      BU:
      $2,1

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, 5 folds, SB raises to $0,50, BB folds, Hero calls $0,35.

Flop: ($1,05) 9:diamond: , 7:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,75, Hero calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,55) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,55) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,25, Hero calls $1,25.

Final Pot: $5,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qh Qc)
      SB shows two-pair, aces and fours (As Ts)

SB wins with two-pair, aces and fours (As Ts)

I think i should have moved in on the flop.. What do u think about the river call?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

17/16 3bets you SBvsUTG2, even QQ doesn't look that pretty. We can't fold to the c-bet obviously but if he's really tight he might not even show up with TT-JJ there, so when we raise and he continues we're in quite bad shape. So I'd just call as well.

Easy check back on the turn, most aggressive tags will bet that turn if they happen to not have the A, and they'll check it with TT-KK alike and Ax as well sometimes when they have it. No real value in a bet at that point.

On the river I'm folding, tags at microstakes aren't prone to valuebetting thin enough that they'll try and squeeze value again there with stuff that QQ beats once the A got there. We only beat him if he's the type to bet/check/bet as a bluff instead of firing the A turn, which is quite the rarity.

Seeing the showdown, he probably has a way wider 3betting range than expected and doesn't really care about you open-raising from UTG, so I'd be more likely in the future to try and felt it on the flop. You can also still just call the turn and smile when you see him fire a turned A, since he's shown he didn't bet it when he did actually hit it.

Hope it helps.