This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cash Game NL50-NL100 Blog: Bleeding My MTT winnings to Debt free

• SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Alright guys, its been long enough that I've been dicking around with poker, played through all the limits, currently playing NL50/NL100 on Merge.

I have posted a couple of times about my issues with bleeding money out, stats always -EV for the day, losing money (not a lot but some). Essentially I have been able to keep playing by cashing MTT's quite frequently... currently around 60-70% of the time. Pretty good! However sometimes we dont all have the time required to dedicate to sitting and playing through 4-10 tournies to come up empty handed.

Currently I am out of work, waiting to start my next job which I'm hoping will begin the first week of November.

This blog will be my bible to success. I will post up once or twice a day with session results, hands (if I can figure out how to convert), stats for the day, spots where I think I am leaking or not playing my A game, and spots where I think I am doing very well.

I will set some goals once I determine what I want those goals to be, however at this point in time I am not really sure, will all depend once I start my job and find out how much time I have for poker at that point. Currently I have all day and night! hahaha.

So here we go, here are the basics of what my blog will revolve around:
      Site: Carbon Poker (Merge Gaming - Unfortunately not tracked through PS.com)
      Type: NL Holdem
      Stake: NL50-NL100
      Players: 6 max (SH)

I will include results from MTT's that I play as well, currently throwing in 5-6 a day between sessions and such.. its a nice break from the grinding of 6 tables, just moving down to 4 tournies at a time.. find it really helps my psychie.

Anyways, please feel free to post up your comments, thoughts, suggestions. I look forward to sharing my experience and success with you guys!

Jeff
  • 1 reply
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Here is stats for session #1

What I've been working on to fix my "problems"
      - Not 3betting enough IP
      - Calling too many 4bets
      - Firing too many cbets - getting caught in chk/raise spots
      - Giving up on hands - I was holding on firing 2-3 barrels trying to save face - NO MORE!
      - Not using NO LIMIT to my advantage, now including overbets, value bets and shoves to force opponents to make mistakes
      - Over valuing hands - AJ, AQ, QJ, QT and JJ seem to be big ones for me
      - Small pairs - raising pre flop to build the pot, throwing away if I know I'm beat. (previously was holding on hoping for that set to come... then on the river going "WTF, now im down 10+ BBs and Im crushed)

Overall - Great session, ran REALLY good, put a few people on tilt, forcing them to 4bet shove to my constant 3betting IP. This is part of my game, grinding the psychie of a select few players that I know will get mad (they usually speak a lot at the table, cursing etc..) by 3betting IP a lot, then when I have them where I want them, I wait for a big hand, rinse and repeat.. wait for the shove, stack em off!

That being said, I did lose a big hand w AA vs QJs. Unfortunately it was a BIG fish who is very passive, I tried to induce play from him with a Ah9c6d board, he checked behind, turn came a heart, not a dangerous one, I check, he bets 3/4 the pot... I timebank, 3x his bet, he smooth calls, river.. you guessed it, a heart. Unfortunately he only had like $15 left, so I was pretty much left to call with odds. No biggie, I re-stacked him a few hands later.. hahaha

So without further delay, here is session #1's graphs.