$16,56
      Hero:
      $5,07
      CO:
      $5,09
      BU:
      $5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, 3 folds, BB calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,32) K:spade: , J:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,1, Hero raises to $0,25, BB raises to $0,40, Hero calls $0,15.

Turn: ($1,12) K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,15, Hero calls $0,15.

River: ($1,42) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,95, Hero calls $0,95.

Final Pot: $3,32

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Kd)
      BB shows a full-house, jacks full of kings (Jd Jc)

BB wins with a full-house, jacks full of kings (Jd Jc)

When he 3bet me on the flop, i though he probably flopped top two or set so i decided just to call him down and keep the pot small in case im beat and let him bluff if hes bluffing.

(i'm wondering why do i sometimes make a great just call here and sometimes i make a stupid allin...)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Given how tight he looks it's probably okay to put him on a tight range on the flop, but if you're right, you're 3-outing against KJ and have to runner-runner a boat to beat 33/JJ, so you could even try and make a case for folding to the min3bet if you didn't have some backdoors. If he's capable of doing that with stuff like AQ/QT/KQ, then you should probably 3-bet the flop for value.

Worse hands don't just magically appear when he starts betting small on the turn, if he didn't have any on the flop, he still doesn't have any on the turn. Since you can never be sure it's okay to stick around when the price is small, but when he bets nearly $1 on the river, either he could have done that on the flop with QT/KQ and he's now bluffing/valuebetting worse hands, or he still only has hands that beat you.

Hard to say for sure and certainly you got away rather cheap, but make sure your thinking is consistent. If you just call the flop because you think he often has you beat, he probably still often has you beat on the river.

Hope it helps.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      id like raise the turn, because most of the time he either folds there, or just sticks it in, on other ocasions, when he calls with nuts and slowplays, he might just check the river hoping you'll bet, then we get a free showdown if your not inlove with your hand.